Monday 25 January 2016

A Week in Review (January 10-16)

A Week in Review (January 10-16)

Watched: A lot of Modern Family, and felt a little guilty.  I probably should have waited until they came off my hold list at the library, but instead I just paid for the individual episodes that were not on my DVR.  I know I am going to be caught up soon and then I will be in the show hole.  Haha.  Guess I will just have to watch the Downton Abbey's that are piling up on my DVR.

Read: A few more pages in Rosemary:  The Hidden Kennedy Daughter.  The writing isn't very exciting and often puts me to sleep.  More than once this week, I fell asleep holding the book.  I am giving it the college try, but it isn't getting me very far, very fast.

Listened: To the sounds of fuller house, we were blessed that not only my mom visited for the weekend, but so did my brother and sister-in-law.  My brother had to work until 6pm and then they made the drive down on his birthday.  Luckily the weather held up and they were able to make it around midnight.

Made: Straw lightsabers for Jack's give away for his birthday.  Because his school does not allow food to be brought in to celebrate, people often give pencils.  I was a little tired of pencils and so I did some googling and found a neat idea to put a straw over a finger light.  They turned out pretty neat and the kids loved them.  
Felt: Proud at wrestling.  We were able to take everyone to watch him and we all wore green for him.  He really appreciated having a large crowd come out.  His first match was against a girl, he had to wrestle his very first tournament.  He beat her.  His next match was against a kid from a club that clearly teaches their kids to wrestle dirty.  He lost the match by 1 point.  I could tell he wanted he to stop the match after one particularly hard slam down, but he never did.  He endured getting choked and a couple more slams.  The second the match was over, he broke down.  We managed to calm him by letting him know that his last match was against a girl who had not done well against the other opponents.  He went out there and got a pin on her.  The next match the girl from the first match beat the boy he had to wrestle because the boy took it way easy on her.  I assume he must have thought he couldn't lose to a girl. This made for quite the dramatic finale as we had three wrestlers that were 2-1.  The other two coaches were all up in arms about their wrestler deserving first.  They ended up getting the head of the league over to our table to determine the proper win.  Because Jack had the quicker pin over the weak girl, he came out with the gold.  I can't believe I didn't take a picture.  Luckily, my mom took a picture of the start of the first match.

Planned: On watching Chiefs win against the Patriots.  I really thought that they would have no problem with the Patriots because they had been playing so well at the end of the season.  I couldn't believe how horribly they played.  Overall, I was quite thankful because this means that our teams don't have to play each other for a Super Bowl berth which could get quite nasty!

Loved: Celebrating Jack's 8th birthday.  Nick had to be out of town for an interview, so my mom came down to help make the whole day special.  We started the morning off with a Pumpkin Spice Cinnamon Roll.  For lunch, we took Chic-fil-A into his school.  His table was packed.  I think we added like four extra chairs so that we could make room for everyone who wanted to sit at the table.  We took in the straw lightsabers and watched all the kids enjoy them in the dark.  After school, we opened a few presents from my mom and then went to Chuck E Cheese.  He got lucky and hit the Jackpot on one of his ticket games.  We ended up with 925 tickets at the end of the night.  He had a surprise waiting for him when we got home as Nick was able to make it home before bed, which we were not expecting.  We had a small cake since I am making two for his party.  We loved the cool candles that lit up the same color as the candle.  Before we bed, we played a game of neighbor and he finally one.  The Colorado Springs curse was broken.  

Here are the pics for the week:



Just for comparative measures. 7th birthday versus 8th










No comments: