Wednesday 6 January 2016

A Week in Review (December 6-12)

A Week in Review (December 6-12)

Watched: Jack have a great time at his first big wrestling tournament.  We thought it was going to be an all day double elimination tournament, but it didn't end up in that style.  It was just the standard four man bracket only done by weight class and not by experience level  He ended up getting second.  The kid that beat him (and everyone else) had several years experience.  It is so hard to believe that this is our last tournament for over a month.  I am not sure what will do, but we will be plenty busy, so maybe it won't be so bad.

Read: Nothing really.  I spent most of my free time just messing around on my phone.  I really need to find a good book and commit to it.

Listened: To Jack get a lot of compliments on his pool and dart playing.  Because the wrestling tournament got over early than expected, we were able to make it to Cleats to watch the Chiefs game.  Jack has a good time playing pool and darts there.  He challenged Nick to a game after the Chiefs game was finished.  I don't remember who won, but they both had a good time playing.

Made: My annual plate of holiday goodies for our friends and neighbors.  I also made some extra for the cookie delivery that we give to the staff at Jack's school.  I included Peanut Butter Rice Krispy Balls.  We also made some Peppermint Rice Krispy Balls.  For the chocolate lover, there was Rocky Road clusters and Fudge.  It wouldn't be Christmas without mint, so I made some Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies.  I also included some saltine toffee and cinnamon and toffee oatmeal chewy cookies.  It was all quite yummy!  

Felt: Thankful to my sister-in-law, Valerie.  Jack really wanted a shirt from the North Pole, but they didn't make it in kids sizes.  We sent a picture of it to her and she made one on her embroidery machine for him.  She is always super busy taking good care of the kids in her classroom and we were very thankful that she took time after her days to make him feel so special.

Planned: To participate in the Children's Christmas Party which was hosted at SkyZone, an indoor trampoline park.  I jumped for about 10 minutes and was exhausted.  It was pretty disconcerting too to not have full control of your body.  I was a bit afraid that I was going to do something crazy to my body.  Jack ended up finding a good dodge ball court to be a part of and he really enjoyed that.  There was a girl who was awesome and he had fun trying to get her out.  He also got to see Santa and get a present. He got a pretty cool Melissa and Doug magic set.  He didn't open it right away, so we will see if it just gets lost in the shuffle with the holidays.  Its in our game closet for now.

Loved: Hanging out at the Electric Safari at the zoo.  It was a bit chilly, but nothing unbearable.  We took a fun sky ride up to a small playground and indoor rock wall.  The rock wall was way to hard with cold hands and darkness.  I liked coming down much better because you got to see a lot more lights.  We had a nice viewing of the lion.  I couldn't believe how horrible porcupines smelled.  Jack's and I's favorite part was feeding the giraffes.  Jack was totally creeped out, yet totally fascinated with their super long tongues.  We found it at the end and kind of wish we had found it a lot earlier.  Not only was inside where it was nice and warm, but it was a just a lot of fun!  We are so thankful to our friends for inviting us to go along and driving all the way down there too!

Here are the pics for the week:













No comments: