Friday 8 December 2017

A Week in Review (November 26 - December 2)

A Week in Review (November 26 - December 2)

Watched: Jack do pretty well getting a crown. One of his fillings had failed and then had another cavity on it so they decided that he needed a crown. We were able to just use Benadryl and laughing gas to get through the appointment. He really doesn’t like the feeling of novicane. We took a couple pictures during the process so that he could see what he looked like.  He got a kick out of the dental dam. They call it a trampoline. Pretty accurate description for most kids.  In the picture below he is trying to make sure that one side of his face wasn’t twice the size of the other. 

Read: I kept working on Love and Other Consolation Prizes.  It's obviously kind of slow.  I also started Cold Mountain with my reading buddy.  Since I flaked on her with the last one, I absolutely must finish it close to her.  I have requested the audiobook so that it can help me along.

Listened: To Jack do so much better at reading aloud. It had been a while since we have read a book together and his fluency has really improved. I am so thankful that his teacher provides great consistency to help him continue to grow. We are reading A Christmas Carol. I thought I had gotten a children’s adaption but it doesn’t appear that way. The old English is a bit hard to follow but we do a pretty good job. 

Made: A quick trip to Michael’s so Jack could put Christmas lights on his cardboard house project that he was working on at school. I couldn’t believe how many options they have for battery powered lights now days. With the popularity of LED, it is much easier to have long strands of lights run by battery. When we were there Jack found a giant gummy bear that he thought was just too awesome.  He had to take a picture with it. 

Felt: Disappointed. Apparently PHE just doesn’t do repeat events very well. Even though the weather was markedly nicer, we had far fewer people show up for the Holiday Shop. I have to say that I am really glad that I have decided to step down at the end of this year and just focus on work and sports clubs instead of being so heavily involved with the PTA. I will be happy to volunteer my time and attend events but it will be great not to feel the presssure. 

Planned: On finding out on Tuesday if Nick won his KC project, but the announcement was delayed until Friday. We are pleased to announce that his firm did win. It’s a double edged sword because Jack and I will be on our own for the majority of the next seven months, but at least he gets to work a project that he is excited about rather than being shipped out to Utah to work on a project that he really didn’t want too. 

Loved: Finishing up my Christmas decorations. It’s still pretty decent for winter and the decorations are good at getting me in the festive mood.  The wall of all of Jack’s old Christmas things are one of my favorites.  The outside lights look really good too. Jack asked for our friend Ryan to come over and to help him hang lights on the highest part because Nick didn’t want to get up on that part of the roof.   

Here are the pics for the week:















No comments: