Thursday 14 December 2017

A Week in Review (December 3-9)

A Week in Review (December 3-9)

Watched: Jack have a good time at Nick's company Christmas party at SkyZone.  We were lucky enough to have Landon sleep over and work said that we could bring him along for fun.  It was the best gift that he could receive.  They played a lot of dodgeball and basketball when they were there.  Even though they had spent the day together, they needed more time to hang out and so we brought Landon back home for another couple hours.  I am so glad he has a friend that enjoys spending so much time with.

Read:  I finally finished up Love and Other Consolation Prizes.  I’ve finally finished this book! It was quite slow, but the story was still good. It reminds you that everyone may have a backstory that we know absolutely nothing about. If you were a fan of A Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet, I’d say you should pick this one up.

Listened: To Nick and Jack work together to install a humidifier on our furnace.  The Springs has absolutely ridiculous dry air and everything has static all winter long.  It's annoying as all get out.  Since we own the house now, Nick and I decided it would be nice to not have to get shocked all the time or have our hair stand up when we take off our shirt.  I am excited to see how it works.  The first night, it raised the humidity 3%.

Made: A successful night out of our picture night for Wrestling club.  We treated all the kids to donuts, brownies, fruit snacks, and juice pouches.  Luckily the night was so cold that we were able to just stick the juice pouches out the back door during practice and they were a cool treat.  We ended up with about half the club buying pictures and I was pretty pleased with that.  I can't wait to see how everyone's turned out.  I was talking to the photographer and got a sneak peek at Jack's.  Read below to find out more about that photo.

Felt: Amused. Jack is really into his “Wolverine” hair.  I don’t think he’s ever had hair this long and so when he was sweating at practice and running his hands through one of his coaches told him he looked like Wolverine. Now he loves doing it. He even took his wrestling picture with his hair like that. It made me laugh so hard. I can’t wait to hear what he thinks of it as an adult.

Planned:  My holiday baking list so that I can share some joy with our local friends.  I will be making fudge, butterfinger cookies, sprinkle sugar cookies, chocolate and caramel pretzels, eggnog snickerdoodles, and peanut butter reindeer cookies.

Loved: Spending a couple hours on the phone with my mom for her birthday.  Poppa Blas had a bus trip so she was free to chit chat.  First Jack called her and they talked for way longer than I thought they would.  I thought it would be a quick "Happy Birthday Grandma" and then he'd hand the phone over to me.  But nope, they must have talked for a good 45 minutes.  Then I talked to her for like an hour and half.  We are looking forward to seeing her in person soon.  Jack was telling her we were leaving after wrestling.  Not quite when he wanted, but it will have to do for him.

Here are the pics for the week:





No comments: