Friday 29 December 2017

A Week in Review (December 17-23)

A Week in Review (December 17-23)

Watched: The Last Jedi with my boys.  We were able to go Sunday after the Christmas wrestling party since we had watched all of our sports on Saturday.  It was an excellent movie.  I find the I am generally a big fan of the 2nd movie in any trilogy and this was proved to be no exception. The boys enjoyed it so much that they went back on Tuesday night and watched it again.  It's hard to beat the big screen for Star Wars movies.

Read: I finished up Every Time I Think of You.  I didn't love this as much as I did her original work, On The Island.  However, it was a fast paced easy read.  It's rather predictable, but I still enjoyed getting to know Daisy and Brooks.  I was annoyed by Elliot as I didn't feel he was written as a typical child.  He had the speech pattern of a toddler and the thought process of a tween.  Next I started The Things We Keep which was selected as the January book for my face-to-face book club.  It's okay, but it's not really drawing me in.

Listened: To a bunch of thank you's for planning the wrestling Christmas party.  We have such a great club full of great kids and nice parents.  I was even gifted a couple of Christmas presents including a bottle of wine.  Jack made bank from the claw machine winning a giant ball and giant stuffed snake on the same pull!  I even played one game of laser got and got whooped up on since I had a gaggle of small wrestlers who were following me around making me one giant beacon.  

Made: Christmas Cookies with my family.  I love this fun tradition that we all have.  This year the stores were all out of traditional coloring and my mom put way too much Wilton's food coloring into the batches and so we had some teeth staining cookies!  Nonetheless, they were amazing to eat to breakfast (another fun tradition!).

Felt: Glad that I packed our winter gear for our trip to Alliance.  The forecast had called for a little snow each day, but we ended up with a lot.  I had Jack try on his snow boots and while he said that they fit fine, Nick decided that they looked to small.  So before we left we had brunch at Wade's Cafe and headed over to Big 5 to buy some new snow boots for him.  He went up three sizes, so I'm not sure how his foot even fit in the other boot!  On Saturday, Jack convinced his two to go out and play football in the snow with him.  We bundled them up and sent them outside.  They spent about a good half hour out there.  My sister-in-law went outside and took some fun pictures.  She got a lot of amazing ones of Nora, but I only put one on here for you.  When they came inside to warm up, Kyle realized that while he had taken everything else out of his pocket, he hadn't taken out his keys with his work key on it.  He looked on his own for a while before I bundled myself up and headed out to help.  I was the lucky winner and found his keys for him after only about 10 minutes of searching.  It seemed like a fair exchange for the snow bowl he played with Jack.

Planned: Santa's gift.  We had a hard time coming up with something to get Jack from Santa so we settled on another cruise. He had asked for one and Nick thinks he can get time off around Spring Break so we went for it.  While the boys were at Star Wars, I went to Michael's and found four nesting boxes that will each be wrapped and put in each other.  In each box there will be a photo placed until we get the middle when we reveal that we got another cruise.  I hope he is excited.  I know I am!

Loved: Getting to spoil Jack this week.  I know how lucky I am just to get to be able to be a stay-at-home mom.  But when you add in that I get to take him and do fun things over all his break, it's just the most amazing thing ever.  On Monday, we finished up shopping for his gifts for people and then headed back to the Summit (where they had their wrestling party) for unlimited laser tag.  It was a good thing we got there right when it started because by the time we left three hours later it was jam packed.  The manager had given me some free playing cards for booking the party there and so they had money to spend on some arcade games in between rounds.  Jack earned enough tickets to buy a dodgeball to put into the white elephant exchange.  On Wednesday, we went to the North Pole with friends and had a great time riding all the rides, watching the magic show, checking out the shops, and eating some good food.  I'm thrilled that his break got to be such a fun time for him and it was all about enjoying himself and having a good time with friends and family.

Here are the pics for the week:





















No comments: