Wednesday 29 November 2017

A Week in Review (November 19-25)

A Week in Review (November 19-25)

Watched: Jack go from being totally timid and not wanting to hold his new baby cousin to wanting to hold him whenever he got the chance.  He really seemed to enjoy the role of snuggler and letting us know what Angelo needed to be comfortable.  I think he really thought we were going to make him change diapers and he was not down with that idea.  Once he realized someone else would be handling that, he was much more willing to jump in.

Read:  Not a whole lot.  My goal of finishing the book didn't even come close to happening.  My friend and I are talking about doing a buddy read again so hopefully that will kick start me into making more progress faster.  It's just about dedication and I am not showing it like I should.

Listened: To lots of ruckus as Jack was able to get together Roy and Rachel's boys.  He has so much fun with his cousins.  He was able to spend the night at their house on Tuesday and go to the movies with them on Wednesday.  We got a hotel on Wednesday so that they could all go swimming together.  They spent several hours in that pool making up silly games and just having fun being together.  2 out of the 3 even stayed the night with us and continued their fun well into the evening.  Cousin relationships are awesome.

Made: The trip to the Kansas DMV to start the process of getting a duplicate title so that Roy can sign the title over to Nick again and he can start riding.  It will be so nice if it is done by the next riding season.  It's got its new tires and it just sitting there waiting for someone to ride it.

Felt: Surprised that it was already time to decorate for Christmas.  It just seems like Halloween was yesterday and now Christmas decorations are up.  Even though we drove home from Wichita on Saturday, we still made time to get the tree up, with no decorations on it and to pull a lot of the stuff out of the basement.  Nick even hung up a mantle so that I could have a better place for the stockings.  It is supposed to be in the 70s on Sunday, so hopefully we will get the outside light done.

Planned: My Christmas letter.  I always like making it something different and fun for people to read.  I found a cool app to help me do this years.  I can't wait to hear what people think of it.

Loved: Snuggling my new nephew.  He is such a good baby and really only fusses if he is hungry.  He gives smiles and holds your finger with his tiny hand.  I took him every moment that I could get.  It was pretty exciting to not have to share him with anyone besides his parents and Jack.  It is sad to realize that the next time I see him, he will most likely be rolling all around!  They grow up so fast.

Here are the pics for the week:

Lot of Angelo pictures.  Not too surprising!









Forgot to mention we won Hooters Thanksgiving Trivia and got a $50 credit to our bill. 










Nora got a Christmas collar


No comments: