Friday 29 December 2017

A Week in Review (December 24-30)

A Week in Review (December 24-30)

Watched: A Colorado College basketball game with Jack. Since we were not able to go 2 weeks ago because of his illness, we headed down there this week. It was a good time. Almost no one was there. We got great seats and they let the kids shoot on the hoops at half time. Jack was frustrated because the coach only played six players and two of his favorites from his basketball camp sat on the bench.

Read:  I was able to finish up, in large part due to audiobook, The Things We Keep.  I was not a big fan of this book.  I just found it a little predictable and slow paced. There wasn't a lot of substance to the characters either. If you are looking for some chick lit to just take you away for a couple of days, I suppose this isn't the worst thing you could stumble upon, but I wouldn't recommend picking it up otherwise.  Since I didn't have anything coming off my holds shelf or any buddy reads going on, I went through my long list of books that our on my shelves and selected Running Barefoot as my next book.  It's been on TBR list since March of 2013!  I’m already over three quarters of the way done and am enjoying it. I’m sure to have a review to start off the New Year. 

Listened: To a lot of Pandora in 2017. According to the graphic they sent me, I’ve listened for 11,015 minutes which equates to 183 hours of music. That’s almost three hours a week just jamming out.  I usually don’t listen to Pandora when I drive because of the data factor either. Music just speaks to me and I have so many different songs for different moods and times in my life.  This is the first year that I have caught Jack singing along with me to a lot of the carols. I hope that music will be that safe place for him too. 

Made: The drive to Wichita on Friday so that we could spend New Years Eve with Nick and see Roy and our nephews.  Nick had to head to KC on the 26th and needed to spend more time there so we decided we would come to him.  It was a nice uneventful drive.  We beat Nick by almost an hour and so Jack had time to hook up his Wii and we played some Frogger. Luckily Nick made it in time to play a game of cutthroat pitch before the Jayhawk game tipped off because Jack had been jonesing to play all day long.  After the game was over, everyone headed down to the exercise room to mess around where they didn’t have to be reminded not be noisy. They all had so much fun in there. Some sort of dodgeball with a basketball broke out and I tried to capture a picture. They actually requested the workout room again, twice, on Saturday too. Clearly they didn’t exercise enough as they were up well into New Years Eve. Such fun memories they are making. 

Felt: Excited about my excellent score of wrapping paper. Walgreens carries Hallmark paper and it’s just so nice and thick that I wanted to make sure to get some on clearance this year. I went in the day we got home and scored 11 rolls of wrapping paper. I was pretty thrilled. I’ll probably try to go in next week to see if there is any of the styles I didn’t get for a steeper discount!

Planned: On Landon spending the night on Thursday after he came to the basketball game with us, but his mom texted on Wednesday that he wasn’t feeling great and that she had the flu. With our impending trip, I didn’t want to take the risk and so I canceled. Jack was less than thrilled with me, but that’s parenting. We are hoping that we can get one night in next week before break ends. 

Loved: Getting to spend my brother’s 28th and Christmas with my family.  We started Christmas Eve off celebrating Kyle.  It’s hard for me to wrap my head around him being the same age I was when I was pregnant with Jack.  I was worried that both my gifts were going to be busts but they ended up being fine. After spending the afternoon with us, they went in for crab legs with the Hare’s.  While they were gone we played some cutthroat pitch and ate our traditional pizza. When they got back, we started on presents around 9pm. First we had our White Elephant gift exchange. Jack’s gift went to Aunt Jess who shared her new ball with Olive, her niece. Jack ended up with a trivial pursuit game. I ended up with new knives. Jack opened his dry erase spin wheel and we used that as a determiner of who opened the next gift. I love that we all don’t just rip in but we celebrate each individual item. Jack was pretty pooped by the time we ended around 2am. We all slept in and opened Santa gifts later. Jack was bummed that no one understood how important that 2lb Gummy Bear was. We were all excited that Santa brought us another cruise. It looks like we will be going out of Galveston around Spring Break!  He also brought us two family games in Suspend and a new HeroQuest like game. We dove right into Suspend because it’s an easy to learn, hard to master type game. We didn’t try the other one yet. 

Here are the pics for the week:



























No comments: