Sunday 27 August 2017

A Week in Review (August 20-26)

A Week in Review (August 20-26)

Watched: The Dark Tower movie. It was awful. I'm not even sure why they would say it was based on the books. They have used the same names and a very limited amounts of all 7 books. It's so sad to see what could have been greatness ruined by Hollywood. Nick says I'm too harsh on it but I think he's rather forgiving.

Read:  I finished up The Couple Next DoorThis book was a fairly easy read that kept me guessing in parts. While I knew certain things right away, there were things revealed at the end that still surprised me. I'd recommend it to all suspense fans. I'm looking forward to the author's next novel.  Next I started on The Dry.  It is pretty good. Next week is fairly busy, but I am still hoping to be able to make time to finish it. 

Listened: To a lot of Madden 18. Jack was so excited to play it that he woke up at 6:45 on a school day.  He also tried to get a game in before his football game. He really enjoys it!

Made: Popcorn for the whole school in just one afternoon. It kind of crept up on us and we didn't realize that this was the last Friday of the month since August goes clear until next Thursday.  Luckily we had two other mom's who were able to get on it and get it knocked out of the park.  It felt nice to work with people who wanted to work towards a common goal.

Felt: Excited for football. Jack had his first game on Saturday. He played middle linebacker. It's not as sexy as a position as he was hoping for, but he played it pretty well. It seemed to take him a half to knock out the cobwebs, but then he was really into it. My friend Gretchen took pictures again. When I was uploading them to the a shutterfly share site, I picked out some of my favorites for Jack. I put just a few of them on here for you too see too. 

Planned: On getting things done around the house when we got back from our trip. I had the DAC meeting in the morning. Then I ran to the grocery store. I thought I'd just take an hour to go do the sign out front of the school. That turned into a whole afternoon at the school. Then after school Jack incit d his friends over to play before football practice. Football practice went a bit long and we didn't get him until almost 7:45. I didn't get much done for the house, but I did get lots of things done.

Loved: The total solar eclipse.  When Nick was talking about seeing it, I didn't really think it would be that big of deal.  I was so wrong.  I had such a visceral response to it. It was truly one of the most awe inspiring things that I have ever been a part of.  I can only imagine the pandemonium that would ensue without having the science behind one.  It almost makes you a junkie for them.  We are talking about seeing if we want to be part of one in the year 2024.  We took some good selfies.  My mom's friend also took an awesome picture of the sun during totality.  I am so thankful that I got to share in this experience with so many people that I love!

Here are the pics for the week:




























No comments: