Friday 4 August 2017

A Week in Review (July 23-29)

A Week in Review (July 23-29)

Watched: My boy watch the Lord of the Rings Trilogy.  With all of our playing of HeroQuest, I was pretty sure he would love it.  We watched the first movie Sunday night and he watched the second and third one back to back on Tuesday night.  He was rapt through them all.  I was reminded, again, that they just aren't my thing.  I don't see how they are so popular.

Read: I finished up The Garden of Small Beginnings.  I really enjoyed this book. It was funny and thoughtful all at the same time. If you enjoy gardening, I'm pretty sure you would really like this book. If you are trying to process what it would be like to love again, you would also enjoy this book.  Next, I began All The Missing Girls.  I have been waiting for it to come off hold since mid April!  It was an extremely fast read, so I have no idea why it took so long to get to me.  This book was more like 3.5 stars for me. The book is told in reverse chronological order so you have to be paying attention to catch all the details. It was a really fast paced book and I couldn't put the second half down. I stayed up considerably later than I was planning on because there was just never a good place to stop it at. All mystery lovers would be a fan of this book.  I was supposed to start The Hate U Give next but with family arriving in town, by the time that I finally went to bed, I was more in the mood for mindless things rather than a book.  

Listened: To the cousins stay up to the wee hours of the morning just chatting with each other.  They were all so thrilled to be together.  I am very thankful that my in-laws could provide the opportunity for this.  This is my sister-in-law's last trip out of town before we add a new nephew to our family.  I hope that as they grow they continue to keep the bonds of friendship that they have now.

Made: My first agenda for a PTA meeting.  Because it was just a planning meeting, I think it was a lot longer than it will take otherwise.  I jotted down several questions to try and help keep us on point while we were there.  Overall, it went pretty smoothly.  It still took a long time to get through all the information, but I felt we didn't stray off topic too much.  I am hoping that we are able to achieve a lot of awesome things this year.

Felt: Adventurous on Sunday.  We went out to the Rampart Reservoir area.  There are a lot of neat rock formations and areas to explore.  We have to thank Google Maps for taking us down a road we might not have otherwise went down.  Jack found a really cool rock that someone had lassoed a rope around so you could climb up if you were brave.  There are pictures below.  We also learned that Nora makes a pretty good rock climber, but she doesn't like to do it very often.  We finally made it down to the water and were pretty disappointed.  Apparently the boat dock was closed.  I am not sure if this is because of the fire that happened there or not.  You couldn't really get down to do any fishing without having waders on.  Overall it was still an awesome day.

Planned: Food for the family when they were in town.  We have several picky eaters and so I wanted to make sure that I didn't waste my money on food.  I have a friend who routinely feeds 8 people in her family.  With the cooking and planning, it just reaffirmed my notion of how awesome she is!

Loved: White water rafting with Denise, Lee, most of my nephews, and my niece.  When we looked at the forecast on Friday, we quickly determined that Saturday might be the best day to make of a go of it.  We booked our trip with Raftmasters, which the company my family and I used over a decade ago, and had a great experience again. The guide was so friendly and helpful.  We had the kids take turn sitting in the middle during the rapids so that they could experience the big splashes of the river.  They all had a very good time.  They were all craving even more adventure and can't wait until the turn 13 to come back and try the more difficult rapids.  Papa purchased the photo package that they took, which is where we got so many awesome pictures from.

Here are the pics for the week:


















iTopIt after white water rafting


No comments: