Wednesday 9 August 2017

A Week in Review (July 30-August 5)

A Week in Review (July 30-August 5)

Watched: The kids have a blast at The Springs Trampoline park. They have quite awesome Ninja Warrior course that they have constructed in the middle. I like that each area has different ways to make  it more challenging for all different age levels. You can watch Jack complete it HERE.

Read: I had to speed read The Hate U Give in order to be able to finish it for my book club on Friday afternoon.  I was able to work it at pretty good pace, but I did use the audiobook to help me along.  This more a 3.5 star book for me. Having grown up in rural Nebraska with only a handful of black people and then having spent the majority of my adulthood in suburban areas, I often felt like the white people referenced in the book. Especially the part about treating your dogs like children. ;) I really enjoyed hearing the narrative of someone with such a different experience from me. I have always been offended by the #alllivesmatter movement and I now see how offensive it must be to someone who has lived a different life than mine. It made for a good discussion at our book club.  There were a lot of different perspectives on it.  Next, I started A Bridge Across the Ocean.  I was quite surprised to see it has a ghost storyline.  We will have to see how it wraps up.

Listened: To Jack's new coach give a talk a team meeting on Saturday. He seems quite a bit different than his old coach, but I think it will be good to learn from a new style. They are going to be the Broncos. Nick is not thrilled about that.  Next week starts practice at 8 hours a week!

Made: Plans for the upcoming wrestling season. It feels like we are in a good spot to get everyone started out on the right foot and not being left scrambling towards the end of the season. I know that returning wrestlers have more information now than they have in years past.  Hard to believe it's only a couple months until wrestling season begins.

Felt:  Glad that we were able at celebrate Braydon's birthday celebrations with him. On Wednesday we went to Elitch's with their family. We were able to get them a good deal on our season passes, so it just made the most sense to go along with them. Jack also went to Braydon's party on his birthday proper. 

Planned: On the water being drinkable during the Manitou Springs mineral springs tour. It was mostly pretty gross tasting. It was funny to see the different reactions as we tasted it. We walked around to all of them. The walk up to the last one was pretty uphill. I asked the kids to show me how the felt about walking all that way for it. I just love Declan's face. It really did sum up how he felt.  They had spent the morning climbing up around in Pike National Forest and exploring Jack's favorite climbing rock, so they might have been a bit more worn out than I was.

Loved: Nick being home, even if it's only for a short while. He and Jack went and saw the new Spider-Man movie and enjoyed it. On Friday, we played some HeroQuest and the boys hung out while I went to book club. Saturday, Jack convinced Nick to do the Incline. This is listed as an extreme hike and isn't for the faint of heart. Nick stopped at about 2/3 of the way up, which is known as the bail out while Jack continued to the top which is another family that was going up. To learn more about this crazy adventure, I suggest checking out THIS link. While Jack was at Braydon's birthday party, Nick and I went out to eat and just enjoyed chatting.  We hate having him gone so much, but try to make the best out of our time together when he is home.

Here are the pics for the week:



















No comments: