Thursday 7 September 2017

A Week in Review (August 27-Sept 2)

A Week in Review (August 27-Sept 2)

Watched: KU get a win!  Due to Jack's football and wrestling schedule, this appears the only time that we will be able to make it back for a KU game this fall.  We had a blast seeing Joe and Roy too.  It also happened to be in the induction of the Orange Bowl team into the KU Hall of Fame.  Jack got to see his old football coach and KU fullback, Brandon McAnderson.  We also bumped into Todd Reising and got to help him how much we admired him.  And right before we went into the game, we got to see Isiah Barfield again.  Jack talked him into a round of "Meet me in the alley" and I got to love up on his sweet three month old.  It was, of course, a great day to be a Jayhawk.

Read:  I finished up The Dry.  I enjoyed this story. I like the double mystery aspect. I wasn't quite right on my guess for either of them. I am looking forward to reading more by this author.  Next, I started the One-in-a-Million Boy.  I didn't get very far into it, but maybe I will be able to get a better chunk of listening done on the car ride home.

Listened: Jack have a blast feeding the different animals at the zoo.  Nick's work did their annual summer picnic at the zoo this year.  While Nick wasn't able to attend since he had to get on the road to KC, Jack and I met up with a couple of his work friends and walked around the zoo with them.  Jack loved the goats, especially one that was smart enough to work a pulley for his request for food.  As always, the giraffes are a blast to feed too.  We also made it back to hear a presentation on the crocodiles that were at the zoo.  Lastly, we snuck in a visit to the Shrine of the Sun since it was included with our admission.  Jack didn't particularly like the heights, but it was a cool view of the city.  It's amazing to think of the engineering that had to happen to build such a place at such elevation almost 100 years ago.

Made: Some changes to the singlet design that came out to us.  I had several suggested changes, while other people thought that it looked good as it was.  I thought that the compromise looks neat and will be a good way for us to show off our logo.  I am excited to see how all the pre-planning for the wrestling season affects the start of the season.

Felt:  Shell-shocked.  A house came into my feed because it had just dropped $15k. It's in the neighborhood and has a three car garage and unfinished basement.  We put in an offer below asking and didn't think that they were going accept it.  They countered, we held firm, and they ended up accepting it.  This week has been a blur of trying to get all the documents in order for the home loan, inspection, etc.  We have the inspection planned for Wednesday of next week, so we will know more then.

Planned: Agenda for the PTA Meeting.  This will be the first time that I sit as the secretary in front of the whole group and I am bit nervous.  I want things to run smoothly and for people to find my notes concise, but helpful.  Hopefully starting with a clear agenda will keep us on track and we will be able to get through everything in a timely manner.

Loved: Seeing old students come through my room.  We had our sneak-a-peek days at work this week and I loved getting a bunch of hugs and seeing the smiling faces.  It sure is a good reminder how much its worth it to get through these beginning weeks with the three year olds.  The transition from home to teacher and then from teacher to another teacher is quite difficult on some of them.  I have a couple pretty laid back weeks to introduce the rules and to establish relationships with each other.

Here are the pics for the week:







This dude wouldn't quit licking the pool.  He was quite entertaining to everyone there.




















No comments: