Wednesday 23 August 2017

A Week in Review (August 13-19)

A Week in Review (August 13-19)

Watched: Jack really bring it during his first week of tackling practice. He has been much more into football now that he can hit people. He loves being able to break down people much larger than he is. He is working so hard that he sweats so much that his hair gets imprinted with his helmet pads. It cracks me up. I can't wait to see what position he is assigned by this coach.

Read: I kept on reading Loving Frank.  I really pushed myself during a couple of days so that I could finish it up and move onto another book.  So many talked negatively about this book because they were upset with the main characters actions. That was not my reason for rating this book low. I just thought that the beginning 2/3 were dreadfully boring. The story has merit and I enjoyed how much of it was based off historical events, but it just dragged on. Not a book I would recommend to otherwise outside of Frank Lloyd Wright fan's.  I started The Couple Next Door at the recommendation of my friend Sarah.  It seems to be a good read, but we have a lot going on the next couple of days and I am not sure how quickly I will be able to read it.

Listened: To the Ninjago theme song again. Jack found a book in his teacher's classroom library and it reinvigorated his passion for the show. He decided to start watching them instead of YouTube for his chill time.  We have downloaded almost the entire series to my iPad for our trip to my mom's to see the total solar eclipse. It saved a lot of data usage on the way up there. I am not sure how many he has left, but hope it's enough to get him home too!

Made: Lots of small changes around the house.  I cleaned out the pantry, weeded the front flower beds (and boy did they need it!), put in some mulch in the beds and a few new decorations.  I also scrubbed down the fridge.  Guess I was in the mood for some fall cleaning!  It felt good to have lots of things freshened up.  It took plenty of pictures to show Nick so you get to see them too.

Felt: Surreal about Jack entering 4th grade.  It just feels like I was dropping him off at preschool, but somehow he is now in the upper elementary grades.  How did that happen?  It's just further proof of the days are long, but the years are short concept.  We are so thankful that he is with a teacher that he loves.  It really eliminated in first day nerves for both of us!  We took his teacher in flowers that match her new theme.

Planned: First three days of boy being in school.  I have been making a list of things that I would do once be was in school.  Lots of other things got done too, but I enjoyed cleaning the house and just letting it stay clean!  I also got to watch a movie recommend by a friend and just enjoy the sound of silence.

Loved: Nick making it home in time to see his first practice of Jack's football season.  He hates being so far away during the practices and made sure that he made it to as many as he can. While we don't get much time together recently, we do try to make the most of the time we get.

Here are the pics for the week:

My cleaned up pantry!






My updated flower bed


Nora and her friend Sadie chewing on each other during practice!


Helmet head


No comments: