Thursday 2 November 2017

A Week in Review (October 22-28)

A Week in Review (October 22-28)

Watched: Jack have a great opening tournament for the 2017-2018 wrestling season.  He was in a bracket with 2 other intermediate wrestlers (B) and 2 novice wrestlers (C). He started off with his two C wrestlers. Then he had to do his B opponents back to back with only a five minute break in between. They are all a lot of fun to watch and I'd highly recommend it as a way to spend 15 minutes of your day. You can watch them in order HERE, HERE, HERE, and HERE.

Read: I had a book come of my hold list and it's called They Both Die at the End.  It had a great start, but I just can't seem to dedicate myself to reading.  I am getting quite a backlog and I had better hurry it up.  I am hoping to dedicate more time next week.

Listened: To Jack's performance twice.  When we realized that Nick wasn't going to be able to make it home, I knew I was going to have to record it for him.  I think that you miss somethings being behind the camera lens, so I went to their run through in the afternoon.  It was great show with an international flair.  If you would like to watch the video you can watch it HERE.  Jack is on the far left of the stage.

Made: A large purchase for prizes for the Fall Festival.  It's only three weeks away.  I think that we have a good mix of prizes that everyone will enjoy and parents won't feel is all just junk.  I am so thankful to have a helper this year as I can't imagine how overwhelmed I would be feeling if I was trying to do the majority of it on my own again.

Felt: Glad to have planned the wrestling Christmas party.  It is almost unbelievable to me to think that Christmas is just two months away.  Seriously, how did that happen? Weren't we just enjoy nice long summer days.  Buying the house really has made fall fly by for me.  We are going to be back at The Summit for laser tag and arcade games.  The kids will get a couple slices of pizza and soda.  I can't believe what it cost to host a party for so many wrestlers.  I really hope that all the kids have fun and enjoy themselves.

Planned: A long list of honey-do's for Nick.  We will find out about the project just after Thanksgiving and so I don't want our time wasted.  It's going to be hard to strike a balance between pleasure and work.  I know that not everything has to be done right away, but sometimes I just get so antsy.  I know that he is a hard worker and so I am sure he will be able to get things done pretty quickly.

Loved: Watching Jack get to play basketball with so many friends and former teammates. His Y ball team this year has 6 players that he already knows.  Three of them are from his football team and three of them are from last seasons Y ball team.  Landon gets to come home with us and then we pick up Luke from his after school care and all go to practice.  The head coach was Jack's defensive coach on football.  It's nice being so familiar with everyone.  The boys decided they needed more time to goof off together and so we will be picking up Luke directly after school next Friday.  I also love that I am lucky enough to be able to stay home and make these things happen for my boy.

Here are the pics for the week:

Apparently, I took way more video this week than pictures.




No comments: