Monday 13 November 2017

A Week in Review (November 5-11)

A Week in Review (November 5-11)

Watched: Jack really struggle with wrestling. He just wasn’t seeming to be very into his matches and if you aren’t feeling it, it’s hard to perform in a sport that requires your all. You can watch his matches HERE, HERE, HERE, and HERE.  We actually had to stop a match where it took a hard slam to the head and then stopped defending himself and we worried that the guy was going to do some serious damage to him. Luckily it just left him a little beaten, but otherwise fine.

Read: I finally dedicated myself to making progress on my books. I simply have too many borrowed from the library not to. With my goal, I was able to finish up They Both Die at the End on Friday.   This book was so disappointing for me. I was really wanting it to be concluded for me and instead it just a lot of things hanging. Sure I could guess how it goes, but I don’t want to write the rest of the book. Ugh!   Saturday I didn’t read anything with our go-go-go day, but I am planning to start Love and Other Consolation Prizes again. I’m hoping to finish that within a week. 

Listened: My book club picked Born a Crime as our December read and I just happened to have been given the audiobook from Audible as a free listen.  While I didn’t get very far into, I really do enjoy listening to it. It’s author read and he does a phenomenal job of story telling. I’m hoping to have more time to listen next week. It doesn’t look to be quite as busy. 

Made: Considerably less than I thought we would at our annual Fall Festival.  The first year was definitely the biggest money maker. I don’t know if this is because it was just so new and different or what.  The kids that were there continued to have a good time, which is a good chunk of the reason why I do it. Jack knows that I am stepping away from many of my PTA duties next year and I think he’s just looking forward to spending more with me at the Fair. I’m excited to see someone excited to take it over and make it their own.

Felt: Exhausted.  I’m in the middle of a large argument that I feel really passionate and I’m up against two other strong headed people as well. I feel like we are all just talking in circles. I just feel like we will be doing a large group of people wrong if I am unable to sway them and that weighs heavy on me. At least, I can hold my head high knowing that I tried my best to do what I thought was right. 

Planned: An ingenious idea for storage for all of Jack’s balls. We got new-to-us shelves for the garage and the openings looked perfect for bungee cords that could just keep the balls from rolling off the shelves. It works well and we all enjoy it. Love it when a simple idea works like you thought it would!

Loved: Playing poker with some families from our wrestling club. We use it as a fundraiser to help pay for our parties and our Champions of Character gear. I made it to the halfway point, but not much past that. I did spend a lot of time chatting with people while Nick and Ryan played on. Ryan made it to 6th, which just stings as he was only one spot away from the money.  All in all it was great ending to a busy day. 

Here are the pics for the week:



I think this pretty well sums up how he felt about the tournament.  He asked me to take a picture for him because he was sure he blood and cuts everywhere.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a cute picture https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-hmgPSDgqm8E/WghWsMCAlNI/AAAAAAAAEvw/NLNP_ZoBnvcv5sP1-xqM43_koRuw0HFDACHMYCw/s5000/%255BUNSET%255D However, he does look a little goofy in this shot. Anyway, had him displayed life size and he appeared to be directly in front of me! The display is warm and silky smooth and I was all alone so I though what the heck! I leaned forward and started kissing this goofy little cutey LOL! I took my time with him and enjoyed every kiss. It seemed like I was really kissing him and that was really cool. I was really getting into it and enjoying the experience. When I finally pulled my mouth and lips from his the expression on his face cracked me up! In fact, I had to lean close a second time and grab a few more kisses. I am putting this goofy cutey on display life size in my bedroom in one of my large digital picture displays. He will definitely be lots of fun.