Friday 20 October 2017

A Week in Review (October 15-21)

A Week in Review (October 15-21)

Watched: Just my regular shows, but it was so nice to take a break from the drudgery of moving and have a show to watch. 

Read: Not much.  I was so exhausted that picking up a book and engaging my brain just wasn’t going to happen. I tried a couple of times but it just didn’t work. Hopefully next week will be better. 

Listened: To good stories about Jack.  We had his conferences and both his classroom teacher and his TAG math teacher had good things to say about him. What was amazing to me was that he was in the top third in his class for writing.  Writing has been a struggle for him since 1st grade. His second grade teacher really let him slide in this area and Ms. Coomes worked hard to help him regain where he needed to be in third. In fourth grade, we are finding that his tenacity is helping him out as his peers struggle to adapt to writing 5 paragraph essays, he is doing better.  He still has plenty of room for improvement, but I’m so glad to see him bring up his skills!

Made: A trip to go see the Liberty wrestling room. Due to weirdness with our last rental, they will not let us continue to rent out that space.  So we have been trying really hard to come up with a plan that will allow us to not have to use our current place 5 days a week.  Plus, I’m super invested because I don’t want a M/W/F practice schedule. We were told if we rented Liberty, we would have to roll up the mats.  Our head coach wasn’t sure we could do it because of their weight. Luckily, they are the ventricular mats that are easy to roll up. Due to the size of the space, we will have to move our big kids over there as generally their parents don’t stay at drop off.  However we now have space for our kids and can continue to just offer T-Th practice!  Go me. :)

Felt: Overwhelmed and thankful. On Tuesday night, it just kind of hit me about how much stuff I needed to move by Thursday morning to have everything ready to go for the movers. There was still so much to move. Jack doesn’t understand why life can’t be like it usually is and I kind of freaked out on him when he didn’t get it. On Wednesday we had dine out night at Freddy’s and then wrestling practice. After practice got over at 8pm, I knew we still had at least three more loads to go. Jack mentioned something to Rylan at practice and Rylan said he’d come help. I was so desperate for help, I’d take the kind even an 11 year old could give me.  Even though Ryan should have continued to work, he came and brought his truck and helped me.  It was nice having another strong, hard working adult to help me. When he saw the new place, he saw that we needed stuff done and he came the next night and helped too.  It was great that the boys didn’t have school on Thursday or Friday so we didn’t have to worry about bedtimes. 

Planned: On this move being easy. I mean I knew we had lots of little stuff, but I didn’t realize how much we had until I pulled it all out. As you can tell by the theme of this blog, this move has been really hard on me.  I also thought I could just bring the little things over and put them away. I didn’t account for the fact that this house has an entirely different layout and things wouldn’t just fall into place.  Hopefully we don’t move for at least 8 years and I can forget this lesson. 

Loved: Having movers to move the big stuff from our home. As mentioned above, I’m really struggling with all the work the move brings and these guys just made it look easy.  If you ever have to do any sort of a move, a highly recommended looking into the cost of movers. These guys were even nice enough to stay and hook back up the electronics so that Jack could play Xbox and it could feel instantly more like home to him. 

Here are the pics for the week:









No comments: