Monday 20 November 2017

A Week in Review (November 12-18)

A Week in Review (November 12-18)

Watched: Two good games of basketball on Saturday. Jack took the day off of wrestling and instead he decided to just play his double header instead.  They called a much tighter game and it made it more fun for everyone. In the second game, Jack made a long fade away shot against one of his classmates.  Just ask him about it and I’m certain he will tell you.

Read: I made more work on Love and Other Consolation Prizes. It is bit slow, but I’m working on it.  I’m hoping to have it finished before we leave on Tuesday for Wichita.

Listened: A lot of Born a Crime with Jack. I can’t imagine that he finds the story all that relatable but Trevor Noah is such a good story teller that Jack has been requesting it when we get into the car together.  I think it’s given him a few things to laugh at and a few things to ponder.  I did end up finishing it.  It was hilarious! I was literally laughing aloud so many times. He is such a good storyteller that even Jack was intrigued by the storyline. The only reason I didn’t give it 5 Stars was because it was a bit disjointed in flow. Overall, I’d say it was a must read for anyone who enjoys human interest pieces. 

Made: Creamed Spinach for Nick’s company Thanksgiving Feast. It was really yummy and the crockpot came home empty so hopefully that is a sign that everyone liked it. Nick enjoyed it which is who I made it for. I felt bad because I sat my alarm for 5:45PM instead of AM and he had to wait on me to fix it.  If you are on a keto diet and are interested in trying it, you can find the recipe HERE.

Felt: Totally frustrated with the Broncos. There is no reason for them to be playing so poorly. I saw the meme below on Facebook and I just couldn’t agree with it more. I had to save it to here for future reference.

Planned: Photos for our wrestling club. We have a situation where the father may pass before the end of the season and we wanted to make sure that we got photos with him included in them. I have to give up my works Christmas party to be there to organize them, but I think for the family it will be well worth it. 

Loved: My annual Thanksgiving Plate. I think it shows the true nature that Jack feels in the house, especially this season where the Broncos are playing so horribly. We truly are a house divided. I am always excited to see what he will give to me. Little does he know I’m going to make him keep doing them for quite some time.

Here are the pics for the week:

Nora loves car rides. Her face at this stop light just cracked me up and I had to grab a pic. 


Yummy burritos and homemade guacamole from my hubby. 







Isn’t this just the best magnet ever?  They wrapped up Harry Potter club by having these fun magnets put together. 



No comments: