Sunday 1 October 2017

A Week in Review (September 24-30)

A Week in Review (September 24-30)

Watched: All the series premieres.  I did enjoy the the opening of This is Us, although not as quite as much as I would have liked. Modern Family didn’t wow me either. They lost the truly awesome power of being in the eclipse.  I did really enjoy the new Law and Order that focuses on the Menedez Brothers and their story. True crime is usually pretty interesting and especially when it’s stories that have captured the interest of a nation.

Read:  I finished up Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet.  The title really sums it up. This book is both bitter and sweet. There isn’t a lot of action or climax in the story but I enjoyed hearing the story of Henry and Keiko. I’d recommend any historical fiction fans pick it up.  Next, I started The Lying Game.  While I am enjoying it, I just can't seem to commit myself to spending the time to make a good dent in it.

Listened: To Jack practice rolling his r’s. In the beginning, it really sounded like there was no hope that he would get it. However, he just kept on trying and trying and he finally figured it out.  The whole week he did it at least once an hour. I guess he was just so proud of himself that he had to keep making sure he could do it.

Made: A long checklist to help prepare for the Fall Festival.  A new person has stepped up to shadow me and I think she will really lighten my load. I am so thankful that we have parents who are eager to take on new tasks. I don’t really want to leave the school scrambling when I’m not there to do projects anymore. 

Felt: Thankful that I have a village to rely on with Nick working out of town so much.  I said that I would be around to help with registration for wrestling. Well it totally conflicts with football practice. And my normal backup is having her conferences and was hoping I could help her out.  Luckily Katie said she would help me out and also help my friend out too. 

Planned: The schedule for carpet cleaning and movers for the big stuff. I’m so comfortable in our home that it’s hard for me to imagine moving, but I don’t think that stops it from coming. I don’t really plan on boxing anything up for long term. I plan to load up the car with stuff, drive it to the new place and find a home for it. I envision having totes of stuff that I’m not really sure where it belongs that we will slowly sort through. I am thankful for our slow moving schedule so that way I can do it in a less hurried style. 

Loved: That someone is taking over for the Fall Festival.  We put out a call for committee members to help with events and we have had some people step up. It’s exciting to see parents getting energized and involved in the program again.  It’s sure the saying that more hands make light work and we get people who have new ideas and can leave their mark on things.

Here are the pics for the week:

Grabbed this good picture of my mom and Jack before she got on the road on Sunday after her visit


No comments: