Sunday 8 October 2017

A Week in Review (October 1-7)

A Week in Review (October 1-7)

Watched: Butterflies flit all around. I couldn’t believe how many painted ladies made their way to town. So many came into the area that they actually showed up on the weather radar.  I’m hoping that they all successfully finish their migrations before our day of projected snowy weather. 

Read:  I finished up The Lying Game.  Definitely the best Ruth Ware book that I have read. It hooks you from the beginning. I didn’t think that there were really any big surprises, but it was a good story nonetheless. If you like suspense novels, I’d recommend picking this one up for a quick read.  Next, I checked out a book on a Rapid Read system called Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine.  This book is absolutely delightful. Great characters and character development. A bit of a mystery to pull you along as well. If you were a fan of either The Rosie Project or A Man Called Ove, I’d highly recommend that you pick this book up!  I am starting on a buddy read with my friend, Sarah, called The Bone Clocks.  I didn't get very far into it as it is very long and Nick got home so I enjoyed my time with him.

Listened: To some Dr Seuss books. Jack was looking for some books to read to practice his oral fluency and found his collection of Dr Seuss books.  While they are way to easy in terms of vocabulary, they do an excellent job encouraging expression while reading the text.  It’s also good to see that he’s finally making huge strides in nonsense words. They used to really fluster him. 

Made: My first couple of deposits for the wrestling team.  It's been interesting being a team mom and being in charge of funds that are so critical to so many people.  I think I am more detail oriented than the couple of people have been before me.  We are talking about wanting to create a detailed report to parents of where their funds go and I know it will be easier to account for things now than go back in late February and try to remember what each item was for.

Felt: Grateful to my village. With Nick not at home, I’m really reaching out to my friends for help with getting Jack and I to and from all the places we needed to be. Wrestling and football practice really overlap and I feel I need to be there at the beginning of the season to get started on the right foot.  It’s been amazing to have people who are so willing to help out our family. 

Planned: Outfits for both of Jack’s October events-his musical performance and Halloween. He has decided to use the colors in the Italian Flag as inspiration for his musical outfit. They are singing songs in other languages and I’m guessing the Italian one is favorite.  For Halloween, he has decided to go as Greg Heffley, the main character from The Diary of a Wimpy Kid novels. I think we have come up with a pretty good costume. I’ll make you wait until Halloween to see. 

Loved: Flowers delivered from Nick to brighten my day. We really miss each other over these long days. We are starting our fourth month of him traveling frequently, where we don’t communicate often when he’s working, so I really love these little reminders that he is thinking of me and misses me like I miss him. 

Here are the pics for the week:









No comments: