Friday 20 October 2017

A Week in Review (October 8-14)

A Week in Review (October 8-14)

Watched: Snow fall!  Snow!!!  It hasn’t even been 5 months since it last snowed. The weather tanked and was just really cold and wet. Luckily none of it stuck around, but it didn’t make a great day for wanting to be productive.  I know the upcoming time will be busy so taking a day off to recharge my batteries seems okay.

Read:  I tried to read The Bone Clocks, but it's just not calling to me.  It's a pretty deep science fiction book and it just doesn't call to me right now.  Hopefully I will be able to get more into next week as I am falling behind Sarah. 

Listened: Kids work on their Math Facts.  Jack's teacher has made me a math fact checker and I just love how excited the kids get when they get to pass from one set of facts to the other.  It's super exciting for them.  She doesn't seem to need me in her room as much this year (and I know this happens more and more as they grow), but I am glad that she makes a little niche for me.

Made: The house officially ours. We closed on Friday afternoon. With Jack’s last game being on Saturday followed by a banquet, watching the KU game, and car diagnostics, we didn’t get the house really moved into. We did get the carpets cleaned and that had a nice fresh scent. I know next week will be almost solely about getting our stuff over there. Good times!

Felt: Lucky to be able to join Jack and his classmates as they rode the cog railway to the top of Pike’s Peak. To think that we were riding on some of the original track laid over 120 years ago was incredible. Enjoying the scenery that inspired America the Beautiful was amazing too. I was worried about it being really freezing at the top, but must have bundled up because I could have spent the entire time outside. 

Planned: To use my village to get Jack to and from football practices. On Tuesday, I had wrestling while he had football. Thursday, I had PTA while he had football and Friday, we were closing on the house.  Coach ended up canceling practice on Tuesday, so that made my life a bit easier.  The other two days, my village came through.  All my days of paying it forward have come full circle.  It’s so nice to have people who care enough to help my boy and I out. 

Loved: That Kyle and Jess were able to drive down for Jack’s last game.  It was a good thing they were able to get out a bit earlier than they thought because their car ended up breaking down just about 5 miles away from the house. So around 11pm, I headed out to pick them up. Jess went up to bed and Kyle and I stayed up and chatted. We hoped it wa something that maybe was caused by the car getting too warm so we headed out there to try again. No luck!  We woke up a few hours later and watched Jack have a great game for his last game of the season. He got to play every single play. His only break was halftime!  They did end up losing by two points, but the team had good energy. After the game was over, he needed to conduct a science project that he created for school which was based on who could throw the baseball the furthest. His hypothesis was that Tio could and he was correct. We had just a few minutes before the banquet so they played a bit of two hand touch, Dad and Jack vs Tio and Aunt Jess. Then we headed to Fargo’s for the banquet. It’s definitely not a place I’ll be returning too. However, Jack’s coach had some nice things to say about him. You can see it HERE.  After the banquet, we headed to the car. It took a Fair amount of trial and error to figure out that it was the transaxle that had went out which was causing all the problems. Thank goodness that Firestone had the parts in stock and that it was a reasonable fix. We got the car over there.  We had some dinner and debate followed by a hilarious game of HeroQuest. At the end of the night (2:30am), Jack was going to play Tio in chess while everyone else was going to bed. Apparently Tio took too long because, not even 5 minutes after the game started, he fell asleep at the chess board! 

Here are the pics for the week:

















No comments: