Sunday 10 September 2017

A Week in Review (September 3-9)

A Week in Review (September 3-9)

Watched: Jack's football game on Saturday morning and I was disappointed that he doesn't seem to bring the same intensity to game's as he does to practice.  However, I was asking his coaches after the game what I could do help those align more and his coaches kind of looked at me like I was crazy.  They said that he was doing exactly what he need to do and that certain things would come with more time and playing.  His head coach said if he could have 11 Jack's on defense, they would be unstoppable.  He really sees his football knowledge coming through in his plays and practice.  He also recognized his work ethic in practice and how it is building his team up.  It was good to hear that I was just being to hard on him.

Read: I finished up The One-in-a-Million Boy.  If you enjoyed A Man Called Ove, I think you would enjoy this story. It's a quirky story with adorable characters that endear you to them quickly. I loved hearing the stories of all the varying characters.  Next, I started reading The Saboteur.  It has a lot of European names and it was just kind of dragging a bit more than I was in the mood for, so I paused it so that I could read my book for our upcoming bookclub.  It is a non-fiction book called Outliers: The Story of Success.  I am not very far into it, but I find it super interesting.

Listened: To several rounds of Marco Polo on Monday when we invited the Beane family over to play in the hotel pool with us.  The dad's grilled up hot dogs while the kids and I messed around in the pool.  We all had a great time and it's always nice to connect with friends in such a chill way.  After lunch, Patrick joined us for some games too.  We ended our day with getting Syla's & Maddy's ice cream together.

Made: Quick trip for tires on Sunday.  Last weekend when Nick was home, I asked him to look at my tires because I noticed that they hadn't had quite the same traction during our rains.  He said he looked at them and they were fine.  Well, when my car got pulled out of valet on Sunday morning, he saw that the steel belt was coming out of one tire!  Thank goodness I didn't blow a tire on my way to Lawrence.  Nick drove the rest of the way back to drop Joe off at Olathe after a yummy breakfast of First Watch. Sadly, because the tire shop closed so soon, we didn't get a chance to visit with my friend Beth.  Luckily, we made it to the tire shop without incident and they were open on Labor Day so that we could get new tires on for a safe journey home!

Felt: Runover by a semi-truck.  On the drive home on Tuesday, I started sneezing and my nose starting running.  I thought maybe it was just a response to all the smoke in the air from the wildfires. But by about 4:30, I was feeling absolutely ready for bed.  I barely made it through the night time routine with Jack.  By this point, I realized it was something more than a reaction to the smoke, so I started chewing Cold-Eze gummies like they were going out of style.  Wednesday, I took three naps and still was ready for bed by nine.  I woke up in a bit of haze still on Thursday morning, but was feeling better.  I took some pain medicine and muscled through the day which included my first day with students and a PTA meeting.  I was feeling much better on Friday, thank goodness.

Planned: On watching the KU vs Central Michigan at home.  However, it appears that Comcast has dropped the Fox College Sports series of channels.  :(. They allow you to have them on a TVGo, which is a replay service.  Nick wouldn't abide by that and so we attempted to go to Buffalo Wild Wings, since Direct TV seems to be the only provider to carry the channels still.  However, they said they weren't showing that game.  Nick thought all hope was lost for watching it live, but luckily, I remembered another neighborhood bar that had Sunday Ticket, and therefore Direct TV.  Luckily, they were able to put the game on for us.  The results kind of stunk, but there were lots of nice people in there and Jack and I were able to still have a good time.

Loved: The response at PTA Meeting.  We had a huge group of people show up!  And we put a call out for people to step up to many positions that we needed to make our PTA function on the backs of more than a couple people.  Two of the big events that I do, Fall Festival and Holiday Shop, each had someone sign up to do help lead them so that really makes my life a lot of easier.  I love knowing that I can play the support role to someone else.  And even if I end up taking the lead, I will have someone behind me giving me an extra pair of hands.

Here are the pics for the week:

Only football pictures this week. 






No comments: