Sunday 17 September 2017

A Week in Review (September 10-16)

A Week in Review (September 10-16)

Watched: Hart of Dixie.  I have been looking for a good show to relax with now that Jack is back in school.  I have tried a few different shows but none of them had tripped my trigger.  This one seems to have done it though.  With fall TV starting back up, I am not sure that I will get through it very quickly.  However, I can see myself blowing off some of the shows as they start back up so that I can watch a little more of this one.

Read: I finished up Outliers:  The Story of Success. I switched in between reading and listening to this story often.  While I enjoyed listening to the various stories in the book, I felt he could sometimes get a bit to dry. I also felt that he sometimes hammered home the same point too often. If you are wanting to challenge your view that successful people make their own path, I'd encourage picking this book up.  I need to go back and wrap up The Saboteur this next week because it is due back at the library.  It's a little slow, so I have also picked up the audiobook to try and speed me along.  

Listened: Math facts from fourth graders.  Jack's teacher knows that I hold to her high standards of mastery on math fact multiplication and so she asked me to come in again and test the kids a couple times a week on the mastery.  It's fun to see the kids progress and observe all the different levels that they are at.  I am glad that I can continue to work in her room.  I don't think after elementary school you have many opportunities to be in the classroom.

Made: Banana Bread.  I don't remember what Jack and I were doing, but got talking about how we both enjoyed banana bread.  I had some old bananas that had been sitting in the freezer for quite sometime, so I pulled them out and made us banana bread to snack on.  I was good and skipped the crisco recipe that is a family recipe and went for something not quite so unhealthy.  Between the two of us, we ate almost the whole loaf!

Felt: Happy to celebrate Katie on her birthday.  I made her a "No Excuses" sign to go above the words she is sick of seeing kids misspell.  I also plan to take her lunch on Monday (although I might have to alter that because I realized I double booked myself since that is picture day as well).  Jack orchestrated everyone signing a card for her and I helped her out with that.  It also marks the year anniversary of when I pushed Jonathan to send her a damn email so that they could meet up and see if they were a match.  They celebrate their year anniversary of dating on the 21st.

Planned: On negotiating on our terms for buying the house after the appraisal.  We went over on Sunday to check out a few things that had come up in the inspection report that Nick wanted to confirm and a couple of things he wanted to check out for himself.  We put together a list of 5 things. One was a must-do, one was I'd really, really like, and the other three were more meant for negation.  However, they must have thought were were being reasonable and agreed to do all five.  I was surprised.  Since it looks like we have nothing else standing in our way, I let our property manager know we were letting go of this house.  Next week, we will meet up to discuss things and get a sign in the yard so that we can get it rented out to a new family.

Loved: Landon, Mindy, and Braydon coming out to support Jack at his football game on Saturday.  He had a great game and it was a lot of fun to have extra people to cheer him on.  I think he is finally starting to feel natural in his role as middle linebacker.  In one of the pictures below, you will see him pointing out to his defense what he sees as he reads the offense.  All of the pictures for the week were taken by friend, and our team photographer, Gretchen.  All the pictures from my phone were just boring ones and nothing that I'd want to keep around for memories sake.

Here are the pics for the week:













No comments: