Sunday 5 March 2017

A Week in Review (February 26-March 4)

A Week in Review (February 26-March 4)

Watched: Rookie Wrestling on Sunday.  Jack was really excited to go see his teammates compete in the state tournament.  Nick has also coached many of them and we knew that it would be helpful if he was there.  Jack was pretty devastated when he didn't get to be on the mat being a coach like he wanted.  He was also pretty bummed that his little buddy didn't have a great day.  Jack felt the call that put him in out in the second match wasn't justified and he took it pretty hard.  Overall, our club did great, having three kids place.  It was pretty exciting to watch them work hard and win big!

Read: I saw the return dates looming for some of the books that I wanted to read, so I pushed myself to read more diligently this week.  I was able to finish All Things Cease to Appear.  This book was scatterbrained, disconnected, far-fetched and generally just awful. I know I found it from some list of books to read and if I see it on another list, it will discredit it for me. While it sounded decent in synopsis, it was awful in execution. Not a book that I'd really recommend to anyone. The only reason I gave it two stars instead of one is because the language used in the text wasn't all that awful and I was able to finish hoping for some sort of conclusion.  I also have borrowed the essay, Lying.  Nick talks a lot about this book and so I decided that I should give it a read.  With it's conclusion, I will read The Woman in Cabin 10.  I am not sure if I will make it all the way through before I have to pause it to read Murder on the Orient Express that we have selected for our book club.

Listened: Bottle Flipping.  The phenomenon has finally hit our home.  Jack and Landon were both very excited when they made a bottle flip and land on backboard.  I am sure it would have been even more exciting if they had "capped it", meaning had it land capside down.  They still called me and had me take a picture for them.   Of course, we've published it here too so that you can see it.  

Made: Poor Nick fix my starter on Tuesday.  I have been complaining to him about my car slow cranking for the last couple of weeks.  On Monday, while I was running errands, my car didn't start right away at Wal-mart.  Not cool!  Luckily about after 5 minutes, it started up.  A quick google search told me that slow crank and no crank meant that the starter most likely was out.  Nick was up in Denver preparing for a big presentation.  Luckily, he was able to get a company car so that I could have his vehicle for Tuesday.  On Tuesday, their presentation got over early and he was able to come home about an hour and half early.  I could tell that he really wanted to just relax after a crazy week followed by a busy weekend of wrestling, but I wanted my car back.  So out he and Jack went to see if the starter was indeed the problem and to fix whatever it was.  Luckily it was just the starter and it was a relatively easy fix.  He only spent about 2.5 hours total on it and that included the time it took for me to run and purchase a new one.  It's so nice to have a handy husband!

Felt: Exhausted and sore from loading and unloading all the water bottles that we need for Jack's Dr. Seuss Dash.  On Thursday, I bought 12, 40-packs of water, 100 lbs of oranges, and 480 cheese sticks.  I had to put that all on my cart, then unload it all to my car, then unload it all to the school, then move it to where we needed for easy counting, than move those boxes to where the need to go for delivery.  I was proud that it was my legs that were so sore because that meant that I had did my lifting right!  I had to work so I didn't see Jack to his run, but he was very proud to have completed 17 laps in 15 minutes.  That ends up working out the pace of about a 7.5 minute mile.  Not bad at all!

Planned: On taking my nice camera to get some snap shots of Jack playing basketball this winter.  I forgot so I decided to take a video.  I don't think I could have picked a better quarter to record.  He, and his entire team, had a great quarter.  They all did really phenomenal the whole game!  It is fun to watch the progress that he has made.  You can see the video HERE.

Loved: Doing the 40 bags in 40 days challenge with two of my friends.  Our two moves and kept me pretty well paired down, but for about the last 8 months, I have felt myself becoming more lax about what I bringing into the house.  I saw this challenge on Facebook so my girlfriends and I decided to give it a shot.  I have cleaned out my side of the closet (which was especially good because I found a great deal on some dresses for the cruise and there was plenty of space for them!), our shoes, Jack's hanging clothes, and the kitchen drawers.  I am also organizing the areas as I go through them so I am getting a nice double bonus!  It will be interesting to see if I can have enough stuff do all 40 days.  I do think that I have a couple projects that might take two days, like my pantry!

Here are the pics for the week:

 

 

No comments: