Wednesday 15 March 2017

A Week in Review (March 5-11)

A Week in Review (March 5-11)

Watched: Feud. It's a new show on FX about the relationship between Joan Crawford and Bette Davis, especially while they filmed Whatever Happened to Baby Jane.  I really enjoyed the premiere and am looking forward to more episodes.

Read:  I was able to finish up The Woman in Cabin 10.  It was not a bad book, but the unreliable narrator combine with an unrealistic plot just didn't really do it for me. I liked this book better than In A Dark, Dark Wood. If you enjoyed that novel, I think you would find this one even more enjoyable.  I got a late start on our book club book, Murder on the Orient Express.  I will have to finish it up Sunday morning before I head over!

Listened: To Jack excitedly announce that we going to have "Winner Picks" Saturday.  We had been watching the show Worst Cooks in America and since Jack's pick made it the furthest, he got to pick first.  We got to play lots of knock out, Sequence, run some errands, and wrapping up with some reading while the boys settled into a movie.  It was a fun day.

Made: Cold weather bag for football practices.  It's hard to believe that it is already time for Spring Football.  It gets really chilly down on the field, especially as you are just sitting there and watching the boys practice.  Having a season under my belt, I felt much better prepared.  Everyone is looking forward to Daylight Savings time so that practices don't end in the pitch black.  We are back with the Cottonwood Cougars so we already know the coach and what to expect so that's pretty handy.

Felt: Relieved that I got most of Champions of Character gear finalized.  I am pretty proud of how they turned out.  You can see two of the examples below.  I searched like crazy to find reasonably priced custom socks that had a decent turn around time.  Turns out that doesn't exist.  We found some wrestling socks in our team colors and that will just have to do.  Next year, I'll get on it a lot sooner!

Planned: On Jayhawks winning the Big 12 tournament and having several games to watch over the weekend.  Sadly, the blew a 12 point lead and lost to TCU.  I am worried about them in The Big Dance, but I know I'll pick them to go all the way out.  Hopefully this loss was just what they needed to remind them to dominate!

Loved: How my End-of-Season treats turned out for Jack's basketball team.  I just happened to be on Pinterest and saw the idea and thought it was too cute!  Then we caught a lucky break and Jack's basketball coach has her son on Jack's spring football team so I was able to ask her if it was okay I brought them.  She loved the idea.  I went to the store on Saturday morning and picked up everything up and got them made.  It took me a little over an hour to make 12, which I didn't think was too bad.  The boys liked them too, which made me even more excited because I wasn't sure if they would appreciate them.  It will bum me out when those little things won't be appreciated anymore, so I will embrace all the moments that they are!

Here are the pics for the week:

 











 

No comments: