Saturday 30 July 2016

A Week in Review (July 31-August 6)

A Week in Review (July 31-August 6)

Watched: Jack dread going on the Twister II, Elitch's wooden roller coaster. Like me, he thinks they are just the worst things ever.  However, his friend was super excited to go on it so Jack went with him. They tried to get me to ride, but I was pretty firm putting my foot down and let them know that I don't ride wooden coasters.  In the end, he still didn't like it but his friend really enjoyed it. 

Read: The entire first part in Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. It is Nick and I's tradition that I read all of the Harry Potter books aloud. Jack is excited that he gets to be a part of this one. He is reading the part of Albus. This week he's wanted to spend all our family free time reading it.  I've also been trying to work on The Girl in the Red Coat. I am liking it, but I am not getting very far in it. 

Listened: To a car salesman tell us the finer points of owning a Hyundai. I don't know much about them, but I really enjoy their outer styling. Also, their price point is pretty reasonable. Jack still doesn't want me to get rid of my car and is pretty emotional when we discuss it. I am sure the time is coming when we are going to have to make some major repairs to it and I don't think I would be willing to do that. Therefore, I want to make sure I know what car I want next. Right now, a Sonata is on my short list. 

Made: An impromptu lunch date with Jack. When we went shopping for his football gear, we were almost right next door to a Chuck E Cheese. We just couldn't pass it up. He paid for the tokens. He was sure glad he had put his coupons from his Aunt Debbie into his wallet. I picked up the tab for the buffets. We spent several hours there, but it was a good time. We scored our highest ever score on the football game, finally making it to the Pro Bowl.  While we were there, we saw a school acquaintance who is friends with a couple of our friends. She offered Jack some used football stuff. It was nice to have an uplifting person to talk too. We became Facebook friends so it will be easier to stay in touch with her.  It's always nicer to have more people to chat with. :)

Felt: E
motional on Friday. Our dear friend was memorialized by her family and many friends. She was loved deeply by us and we were sad to miss it. But we celebrated her spirit here. We spent the afternoon volunteering with Landshark team. Then Jack took the run with the torch. Afterwards, we took some time to see the performers that were downtown.  We splurged and ate at the Melting Pot for dinner. We came home and read several pages in the newest Harry Potter.

Planned: For Jack to kind of have slow introduction to tackle football, but his coach put a practice schedule that's going to really work them. They will practice for about two hours on Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday evenings and Saturday mornings until games start.  After that, they will just go to the three weekday practices. Players got to pick there own numbers and Jack decided he would like to honor his "Aunt" Laurie by wearing the number of great Chiefs player who happens to share his last name, Derrick Thomas.  I think it's going to be a fun season. 

Loved: Having a lazy day Saturday. With school and sports starting back up those will be getting fewer and farther between. It's nice to have some time just to chill. 

Here are the pics for the week:

Aren't they just the cutest?  She loves to snuggle with him, even if he is fast asleep. 

All ready for practice

Some shots from before the Torch Run




No comments: