Monday 25 April 2016

A Week in Review (April 17-23)

A Week in Review (April 17-23)

Watched: Nick and Jack have a good time playing football in the parking garage elevator area at DIA. Nick needs to get to the airport early to build up his courage to get on the plane.  Jack wanted to stay and play. Of course, we didn't bring a football so we had to make due with the small water bottle that Jack had brought along. It was pretty funny to watch them play. I caught one photo that I thought summed it up nicely. I was also able to sneak a rare photo of the hubby. 


Read: I finished up Three Wishes.  It was another winner by Liane Moriarty. While all of her books have a similar feel, I never feel as if I am reading the same story. Having a friend who has triplets made this one even more entertaining for me. A good story about siblings and family, even without the triplet aspect.  Next, I started Reached, the third book in the Matched series.  I'm not very far in, but it's not looking a lot better than its predecessors. 

Listened: To my boy snore slightly as he fell asleep against me at 9:30 on Saturday night. He was so exhausted from his busy day. We started at 9:30am at the baseball field. When the games wrapped up around 12:00, he came home and played outside with the neighbors until lunch. When we finished lunch, his friend came over and they played again until they left for a birthday party. They were at the party for 3.5 hours. He went back to his friends house and played basketball for at least an hour too. He finally came home about 8:30pm and it didn't take him long at all to unwind and fall asleep.
Made: The a huge order for carnations for the Teacher Appreciation order. I think that it is going to be a special treat for the teachers. The next couple of weeks will be full of things preparing for and executing a great week for the teachers. Hopefully they enjoy it!

Felt: Glad for Ryan. Nick flew in from Charlotte on Wednesday night. Ryan had worked up in Denver so he was willing to swing over to the airport and get Nick.  It was probably a good thing because he had way more patience for Nick's post flying attitude than I would have.

Planned: On having the bed to myself the night Jack had friend sleep over. It didn't turn out that way. Instead, I got two extra bodies and a whole lot less sleep than anticipated. Oh well. They had a great time when they were awake. It just made the next day require a little more Dr Pepper.

Loved: Having a handy husband.  The bulb cover for my blinker finally fell off. Nick says that they have been burnt out at the top for several years.  We decided to just go with new ones. The change is way more dramatic than the picture actually shows. It makes the car looks years younger.

Here are the pics for the week:








No comments: