Monday 2 February 2015

A Week in Review (January 25-31)

A Week in Review (January 25-31)

Watched: Redbox put out a dollar off code, so I watched The Fault in Our Stars. I liked it more than the book. I felt that they did a pretty good staying true to the story line of the book. If you enjoyed the book, I am sure you would like the movie. If you haven't read the book, you might want some tissues ready. We also decided to rent Guardians of the Galaxy as a family on Friday night. It wasn't for me. Too many explosions. Jack was super upset at the loss of one of the characters. 


Read: I finished up Love, Rosie. It's definitely a Happily Ever After book, but I liked it all the same. I am looking forward to watching the movie. Next, I started on The Retribution of Mara Dyer. I am not feeling it either. I just can't quit on a series though. I will try to push through it quickly as The Rosie Effect came off my holds list and I am excited for it. It is a follow up to The Rosie Project

Listened: I had another YA trilogy recommended to me and so I started it on audiobook. I am enjoying Ruby Red so far. It's a book about time travel as far as I can tell right now.
Made: Our landlord come out to do a bit of repair work. It sure is nice to not have that responsibility, especially with how busy Nick is at work. We have a gopher invading the backyard.  We will have to see how it turns out. If you zoom in on the picture below, you may be able to see him poking his head out on the right. 

Felt: Excited to do a little retail therapy. My co-workers gave me a gift card to Bed Bath and Beyond when we moved here and I just wasn't sure what to spend it on. I decided that I wanted to upgrade my mixing bowls and so I went in hunt of something fun.  I found several nice stainless steel bowls with lids. I also found some great clearance deals as well.

Planned: On taking more pictures of Jack's final basketball game but I didn't as I sat on the bench with the players. They had a ton of fun at their post game party at Uswirl, a frozen yogurt place. They had TVs on showing wipeouts of skiers and snowmobilers. The boys thought it was hilarious. 

Loved: Eating at the Melting Pot with my boys. We gave Jack a gift certificate for Christmas and we will all enjoyed dining on the melting out that someone else prepared.  Jack said he got himself "plumped"

Here are the pics for the week:

The gopher hole


Jack's "It's been a long day at the office" look. 


No comments: