Sunday 15 February 2015

A Week in Review (February 8-14)

A Week in Review (February 8-14)

Watched: The first two episodes of the new series Better Call Saul. This is a spin off from the series Breaking Bad. Both Nick and I are enjoying it. There are have already been some moments that I had to turn my head from the screen as the violence was just too much for my weak stomach.  It feels like it should have a good run ahead of it.


Read:  This week I finished up The Rosie Effect. It was a follow up to The Rosie Project. While I thought that the characters stayed true, the book just didn't grab me in the same way. It was a three star book for me. I have also made decent progress on Sapphire Blue, which is the follow up to a Ruby Red.

Listened: To my doorbell ring unexpectedly on Saturday morning. Nick had some beautiful roses delivered to me as a special Valentine's treat.
Made: The craft for Jack's Valentine's Party. I didn't think that it would take me as long as it did so I am very glad I did it far in advance. The kids made just a simple heart suncatcher. I thought that they turned out neat. While the kids were crafting, I read them Falling for Rapunzel. They got a good laugh out of it too.

Felt: Glad to finally be making some progress on Jack's baby books. I wasn't the mother who wrote everything down exactly when he did it. Even though I bought his baby book almost right after he was born, I didn't have a single page filled out in it.  I have enlisted the help of Facebook (it's kinda weird how detailed of a log you can find on activities from 6.5 years ago!), YouTube, Flickr, and this blog to help me piece things together in an official format.  My goal is to have his baby book and his birthday book finished by March. 

Planned: To make some progress getting the photos of our lives organized. I had to figure out what do with all the extra prints from Jack's photo shoots, what to do with the random prints we have, and finally to have some more order for our digital files. I am so glad that I finally turned our pictures drive into a screen saver. We spent 15 minutes as a family just smiling at it the first night. I love it!  While I still have a lot more work to do, I am glad to be getting it done. 

Loved: My Valentine's Day. It didn't quite go as I thought it would. I thought Nick had some pretty big plans. Turns out, they are for the 13th of March when we go see Ghost the Musical. This really is a gift of love because Nick doesn't like romances, or musicals, and there is a chance that KU could be playing a game in the Big 12 tourney. We cooked a two course fondue meal at home. We also were able to get our internet up and running a day early.  I gave each of my boys homemade scratcher tickets. Jack scratched off a new Xbox one game. After some research, we ended up getting him a year to EA access, which allows him access to several of their older games for a year for one fee. We downloaded Peggle 2 and it's pretty fun. A combination between a puzzle, pinball, and Plinko. Jack had one game that rocked everyone's socks and he was beyond proud of it. We just had to take a picture to show everyone. 

Here are the pics for the week:





No comments: