Tuesday 24 February 2015

A Week in Review (February 15-21)

A Week in Review (February 15-21)

Watched: Tangled with Jack.  We have been reading about Rapunzel a lot lately, so I thought that might be a fun way to spend our early release afternoon.  We both enjoyed it.  I was so glad that they addressed how the Witch got Rapunzel into the tower. Jack has asked me several times how she got up and we finally have an answer!


Read:  I finished up Sapphire Blue early in the week. The story of the books is entertaining, but I still feel as if the book is incomplete. It was as if a need to be part of the YA trilogy movement took precedent when this book could have been delivered as one whole unit.  I started right away on Emerald Green, the final book in the series.  I thought it would hook me right away since it should be mostly climax, but for some reason, I'm not drawn too it. I am sure I will finish it up next week.  I started on a book written by one of my mom's high school friends.  It chronicles a family's life in her small hometown Trenton, Nebraska in what they believe is a haunted house. 

Listened: To 80's Pop on Pandora why I did my weekly house cleaning. I even took the time to wipe down the shelves in the fridge!  I am so thankful that I was introduced to the station. It's perfect for cleaning!  

Made: Some plans to help in Jack's classroom for Dr Seuss day.  I will read the whole class Bartholomew and the Oobleck and then we will make small batches of gak with the kids during their small group time.  I love that I have the free time to be able to help out in his classroom. 

Felt: Bad on Sunday. Jack refuses to learn to ride his bike. I have tried so many times and he refuses to really give it a go. Each time we try, it results in the same set of snotty tears. He really had the hang of it right before Nick tore his ACL and he wouldn't let me help him that summer. I feel like we missed our window and it will be a big battle from now on.  On Monday, he had the day off from school and I put the proper motivation to get him out riding. It was going well, until it wasn't. In the middle of his best lap, he just collapsed and claimed his legs weren't working anymore. It was funny and sad all at the same time. I made him walk his bike home and it was one of the hardest things I have ever done. Tuesday after school, he tried again and made it a lap and half without falling. It was amazing!  He felt pretty proud of himself too.  On Wednesday, he did a whole double loop. This is pretty impressive because there are a couple inclined he has to deal with. On Friday, he even got himself started twice. Could we almost be there???

Planned: On my brother, sister-in-law, and mom showing up Saturday afternoon. But the weather had different plans. They forecasted some decent snow on the ground in areas they were traveling through and so they were able to take off a half day on Friday and make it one day. I decided to keep it a surprise from Jack and it was so hard!  His face when they walked in was pretty priceless.

Loved: That my family was able to make it here without too many problems from the snow that was threatening to impact their travel.  We spent the first night staying up, just talking and messing around until a little after 1am.  The kids took Jack to a children's museum on Saturday afternoon and we went down to Temple Square on Saturday evening.  I didn't take a whole lot of pictures from their visit as my SIL was using her camera and usually catches some good shots.  If I remember, I will post them here when she emails them to me.

Here are the pics for the week:
Jack riding his bike. It's almost impossible to tell but it was actually flurrying at this moment.  Those are the white specs you see in the air.  There were a lot more of them than you can see. 


Apparently he has skills I didn't know about.  He even got up to three hoops at one point.


The kids goofing around at Buffalo Wild Wings before heading off to the Museum of Natural Curiosity.


No comments: