Sunday 30 November 2014

A Week in Review (November 23-29)

A Week in Review (November 23-29)

Watched: Jack have a blast sledding.  On Sunday morning, we woke up to a little more than a dusting.  I knew it was coming so I had bought him a sled the day before.  That morning it took a lot to convince him to go try it. We have an nice little hill at the end of our block that slopes down to a green space so we don't have to drive anywhere.  Finally, I convinced him and we went out. We had so much fun that we decided we need another sled so that we could race. I haven't been sledding in years and I forgot how much fun it was myself.  I forgot my phone so there are no pictures, but I am sure I will have made up for it by the end of the snow season. 


Read:  I finished up The Unbecoming of Mara DyerWell this book was a pretty quick read for me. It got a bit weird at the end and I was left feeling like maybe I had missed something. It definitely ends with a cliffhanger, so if you decide to read it, have the 2nd one close by.  I am also about halfway through Dark Triumph, which is the second book in the His Fair Assassins trilogy. I am enjoying it much more than the first.

Listened: To Christmas carols!  Yeah, it's now officially okay for me to have them on all the time. Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree is my absolutely favorite Pandora station this time of year.  On a sadder note, I also listened to the sound of breaking ornaments. It seems to be a rough year for it.  I am hoping we are done with it, but since the tree is in the room that we usually play in, I kind of doubt it. 

Made: Turkey plastic cups to go with Jack's class friendship mix for Thanksgiving. I think the kids had a ton of fun with it. The parents all responded and so we had way too much leftover (as all good feast should!).  We decided to share our bounty with two other classes too, but they just got their's on plates. The students had almost as much fun sharing as they did eating it themselves.

Felt: Sick. I caught a head cold from somewhere. Tuesday I could tell something might be coming on so I got some OJ and Cold-Eze. Wednesday, I was full of a runny nose and felt pretty worn out. You could never tell it by the number of games I played with the boy. I was extra thankful I had done my Thanksgiving shopping early!  Thursday was the worst and I did lots of lying around and hand washing while I cooked. Luckily it didn't take my sense of taste or that would have been a real bummer. Friday, I was starting to feel decent and Saturday, I was back at 95%. 

Planned: To get all my Christmas decorations up. It didn't happen, but we did have a good start. We were blessed with great weather for putting up the outside decorations. It makes me so happy when I drive home. I also love the auto sensor that they are on so I don't have to remember to turn them on or off! I will finish them up this week. They are only up for 3 weeks!  I want to enjoy them as long as possible. 

Loved: That Nick has actually been able to take off all of Thanksgiving break and just be with us.  I am afraid that he will have to pay for it next week and Jack and I will go through withdrawals. The boys have had a ton of playing Minecraft together.  Nick shows him how to build things and play in ways that I just can't.  I just love being around him. His presence is so calming for me. I'm glad that he has lengthened the fuse of my temper and coated the wick with something harder to ignite.

Here are the pics for the week:

Not much snow!


Cute, isn't it?


Well at least he understands that it doesn't come from a store. 


Thanksgiving day 



A good start on the decorations 





Elf on the Shelf. I am doing a separate most about him. You can read it HERE. I am going to update it daily. 


No comments: