Sunday 23 November 2014

A Week in Review (November 16-22)

A Week in Review (November 16-22)

Watched: Jack get to play 3 quarters as a goalie of his game.  Whenever his coach asked, Jack always shot his hand up in the air and no one else did.  I am sure that it helps that his coach likes the way he plays goalie too. I think we may have to look for some indoor soccer shoes for his longer league.  Maybe I will use my good camera to get some action shots next time too. For now, you will just have to deal with the blur. 


Read: I finished up Grave Mercy. It was an okay book. I don't think that I would rush to read the second book if not for it being the reading for my face to face book club. The idea is intriguing, but the story telling fell flat for me.  In addition to the love story that develops, the main point questions what if the God-given orders are actually altered by the desires of man.  I finally finished 11/22/63 and so close to the actual date marking the anniversary of the JFK assassination. I for sure thought this was going to be a 4 or 5 star book, but the ending just didn't do it for me, so I would probably give it 3.5 stars. If you are looking for an excellent audiobook, I highly recommend this one. It was one of the best narrations that I have heard in a long time.  As for the plot, it's about a "rabbit hole" that drops you out in the summer of 1958. What would you do if you could right the wrongs of the world and what effect would it have?  Next, I started on the book The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer. It is the first book in the other YA trilogy that was in the running for the book club. It is a pretty cheesy and fast read. I am sure I will finish it up next week.

Listened: To the sound of baby giggles. We were able to help a friend out and spend some time with her son. He thought I was okay to be with, but when Jack got home, that's when the giggles got in high gear. A baby giggle is just pure joy!

Made: Some turkeys from Little Debbie Oatmeal Creme Pies. I think they turned out very cute. I hope that the kids on Jack's friends enjoy them.

Felt: Relief that Jack's dentist appointment went okay. He has a lot of apprehension so I wasn't sure how it would go. We did some oral sedation drugs and then combined it with laughing gas at the office. He stayed pretty calm.  I think we might be able to try the next apppointment with just the gas. :)

Planned: To have a big trip to Wal-mart. I bought the vast majority of our Thanksgiving Menu, my holiday baking supplies, and my standard weekly trip.  My cart was so full so I decided to play my own version of Price is Right version of Facebook.  In total, I had about 30 people guess. My mom was the closest, missing only by 1.58. Second was close behind only missing by 1.67.  You can see the crazy cart below. The total was 220.33.

Loved: That Jack is learning to play cribbage. It is one of my favorite games and I love that he is picking it up. He has watched me play several people play so he understood the general format of the game.  He actually likes practicing against the computer on an app I have on my iPad.  He still needs a bit of help counting his points, but I think he does well. He beat Nick and I pretty badly in his first game of 3 player. 

Here are the pics for the week:












No comments: