Sunday 24 August 2014

A Week in Review (August 17-23)

A Week in Review (August 17-23)

Watched: Several of the Lego Chronicles from Star Wars. Jack checked out the Empire Strikes Out from our library and loved it, so we started to do research into other episodes. Amazon had the whole "season" which ranges over 7 years and is only 6 episodes long. We bought him one episode as a Back to School treat and he purchased one with part if his allowance.  He likes them both quite a bit.  Lots of humor in them. 

Read: I finished up The Secret Life of CeeCee Wilkes. It is a really captivating read that pulls you in. I could have seen me in 16 yr old CeeCee's shoes.  I think it's an excellent story about loving flawed people. 

Listened: To a lot of Pandora. The house is too quiet, so I put on music to keep me company. The idea of getting a four legged fur companion has come across my mind several times, but I think I would prefer to wait for summer so that it can bond strongly with Jack instead of me. Hopefully some volunteer opportunities open up at the school soon. 

Made: A menu plan. I figure since my weekdays are much more open now, I should spend that making dinner instead of eating out as frequently. With my love of Pinterest and my lack of desire to always eat the same thing, I'm sure we will be trying lots of new recipes. On Friday, I made a version of this using hamburger and green sauce in the place of chicken and red sauce.  It made way too much food.  Jack wouldn't try it because he didn't like the way it smelled. I liked it more than Nick did. It will be a couple lunches for me next week. 

Felt: Nervous about sending my little man into a school where they do things quite differently than we are used too.  You can see by the way he has his hands in the third picture below that he was pretty nervous too.  He seems to like his teacher and I like her too. I know he will do great.

Planned: To stop at Little America on our way home from my mom's, but Jack had dozed off and so I drove on past.  He woke up about 5 miles too late and was none to happy with me. Guess we will just have to road trip soon !

Loved: The book club that I was allowed to crash at the invitation of a friend of a friend. Little did I know that Jack's love of trips to the neighborhood bakery would one day net me adult conversation with women in Salt Lake City.  I had been feeling nervous about it all day.  It was like a first date and I haven't been on one of those in about 15 years. Would I do it right?  Would I fit in?  These ladies all made it very easy to fit in and feel right at home.  It will be an event I look forward to monthly :)

Here are the pics for the week:

A quick pick with Grandma before we headed out Monday morning



Our Mille Born cards look just like Grandma's even though the cards are 30 years newer. We were shocked because we assumed the styling was due to bad 70's graphics.



First Day of School Pics









A picture sent to me by his teacher.



On Saturday, Nick suggested we visit Scheel's for something to do. It is huge!  We couldn't believe it. They have lots of fun different photo ops and even a Ferris wheel inside. We didn't ride the Ferris Wheel because the line was too long, but I can see Jack and I making a pit stop there on the way home from school someday.  If you come to the area, I think it's worth a look. 





No comments: