Wednesday 20 August 2014

A Week in Review (August 10-16)

A Week in Review (August 10-16)

Watched: A cute movie called About Time. I had never seen any previews for it, but it was in the comedy section of Streampix so I decided to give it a shot. It is a pretty interesting movie, but I think it felt more in the drama class. If you liked The Time Traveller's Wife, I recommend this highly. 




Read:  The Language of Flowers for  my first face to face book club. This book surprised me. I really thought that I was going to struggle with it because I just couldn't connect in the very beginning. But once I sunk my teeth into it, I really enjoyed it. It is an excellent story about forgiveness and acceptance in a messed up world.  I gave it four out of five stars.  Next, I began reading The Secret Life of CeeCee Wilkes.  It also seems to be about mother daughter relationships.  I am breezing through it.


Listened: To my phone ring several times. I have had many Kansas friends text or call and chat with me for a while this week.  I am so thankful for these calls. It is nice to have updates as to what is going on in my old neck of the woods. 



Made: A last minute decision to travel to Alliance for my mom and step-dad's end of the summer/welcome home Kyle and Jess party. We had a great time visiting with everyone.  It made me worried for our winter visit because Wyoming is such a barren land around i80 that any snow could really spell trouble.


Felt: Ready for routine. I like back to school because it lets us fall into a nice steady rhythm. While I am anxious about what I will do with myself all day while Jack is at school, I know he will love it. Well except for the spelling test, but maybe I will be wrong there.

Planned: On teaching Jack the game
Mille Borne.  It took him quite by surprise and he loves it. We played several different team combinations and he usually came out on the winning team so that always helps.  We are going to try to get Nick to play with us when we make it home on Monday. 


Loved: Spending
the day outside with my boys on Sunday.  We drove up into Big Cottonwood Canyon and saw the Hidden Falls. After climbing around the area, we tried to trek to Donut Falls. Apparently everyone and his brother tried that as there were no parking spots and lots of people parking where they shouldn't be. We will have to save that for a weekday!  Jack was getting hungry so we pulled off the road and went down and had lunch by the stream. We had fun trying to splash each other by throwing rocks in the river.


Our pictures for the week:

Hidden Falls






Our picnic spot:






Jack with his DP licorice.

An underwater selfie from Grandma's Pool. 


Tio and Jack messing around in the pool before the party started. 

Jack made me a party hat. 



No comments: