Saturday 1 March 2014

A Week in Review (Feb 23-Mar 1)

A Week in Review (Feb 23-Mar 1)

Watched: The Jayhawks clinch their 10th Big 12 title. An entire decade of dominance.  I think about how much my life has changed in that decade. It's amazing that Bill Self can continue to recruit and coach players that keep us on top of a (usually) challenging conference. 


Read: I finished up 12 Years a Slave. I think that it will make an excellent movie as they will be able to take the story telling and keep it flowing better than it does in the writing. The writing is so raw and powerful that I hope the actors are able to capture the emotions that he writes with.  Once I finished I was able to focus on The Last Letter from Your Lover

Listened: Made a quite of bit of progress on 
Definitely Dead (Sookie Stackhouse, #6). I chose to finish it up in the traditional paperback fashion, as I needed to know what happened and I didn't have any long trips planned.  It's your typical Sookie book. I think after this one, I have to take another couple months hiatus to keep them fresh.

Made: Plans for Nick to head to Salt Lake City for a business trip. We all knew the call was coming, but were somehow hoping we could avoid it. Nick hates flying, so I feel dread for him.  I also feel dread for doing the single mom gig.  Luckily as Jack gets older, it gets easier to deal with. Jack is looking forward to being able to use Dad's spot in our bed a night or two.  He leaves Monday night and will get back on Thursday afternoon.

Felt: Glad that I could help a friend out. She is able to get away for a weekend trip with her husband and needed some help with her youngest son. I watched him Thursday and will again on Monday. He is just about 2.5 so he keeps me on my toes! Jack enjoys having him visit even though they can't quite communicate yet.  Depending on the weather, we might get some time with his big brother too.

Planned: To allow Nick to rip up our living room carpet and kitchen laminate in favor of new nicer flooring. We went with a slightly darker color. I think it will look great against my paint choices. Nick is going to  do the bulk of it while I am visiting my mom for Spring Break. I am so lucky to have married such a handy man!

Loved: The wonderful support our friends and family showed Jack during his campaign for Jump Rope for Heart. He was very excited about everyone who helped him reach goal.  He will be sending out thank you notes as soon as he can get all their ducks in a row.  

Here are the pics for the week:

Doesn't he look so sad?  This was his reaction to learning that his teacher was going to be gone while his strident teacher was around. He was less than thrilled. We love his teacher!



Buds


Ms. Beth went through her clothes and we were the recipient of some great shirts. We sent her this picture of him wearing one of her oldest son's sweaters. Guess that means she got a real classic 10 years ago. 


No comments: