Monday 10 March 2014

A Week in Review (March 2-8)

A Week in Review (March 2-8)

Watched: Jack play his last basketball minutes as  Kindergartner.  We even were able to FaceTime in Grandma Teri.  He had a really good time this season and enjoyed both his coaches and his teammates.  We are hoping to get together with the same group over the summer.  I know that they would love seeing each other.

Read:   I finished up The Last Letter from Your Lover.  What can I say? I am turning into a huge JoJo Moyes fan. This is such a fantastically told tale and you just have to know what happens to the characters in the story. Another must read for love story fans!

Listened:  I started listening to a new story Memoirs of an Imaginary Friend.  It is a really original concept and I am enjoying it.  I am only about 2 out of 9 discs.  It is hard not to pick it up and read it instead of my books that I don't have the audio book for.
MadeWhat do you do when your son request a plaid shirt with patches (in honor of the book ) for Wacky Wednesday attire? You, of course, make a trip to Children's Orchards to find the plaid shirt and a shirt that has the material like he liked for patches. You then come home and sew the requested 10 patches in the desired places. A seamstress I'm not so this took quite some time for me. Luckily they didn't need to be perfect stitches! I also had to move the buttons so that the arms wouldn't slip off. All the finger pokes were worth it to see this smile on his face!  We also made some Lego socks for Fox in the Socks crazy socks day.
Felt: So glad to have Nick home again.  He just helps keep our routine so normal.  I wasn't sure what Jack would do when on Tuesday night he said something like "Well we will do this when Dad gets home." and I had to inform him Dad wasn't coming home for 24 more hours.  We stayed busy and it didn't seem too long.  We will see how we do at round two this upcoming week!


Planned: To just have Callum on Monday, but thanks to the frigid weather (and I am guessing what have been our last free snow day!) we had no school on Monday so we had Jarett with us too.  He got Jack started on Minecraft.  I don't know much about the game and have a mental block against it for some reason.  I totally need a cheat sheet for commands and such.  If anyone knows where I can find one, please let me know!  I'd be forever in your debt!

Loved: To see how much Jack is coming along in his gymnastics.  He is having a good time with his coach Eric.  Coach Eric jumped up his cool factor when he showed his Spider-man trampoline trick at Open Gym on Wednesday.  I don't think he will do anything with these skills but he is gaining a lot of strength and body control which I think benefits him greatly!

Here are the pics for the week:

Ketchup with a fork. That's how be rolls


Jack's Wacky Wednesday Shirt


Luggage Ninja


Took this floor burn before the game and he just kept on ticking.  I am so proud of how much he has learned to toughen up for supports. 


No comments: