Saturday 2 November 2013

A Week in Review (October 20-26)

A Week in Review (October 20-26)

Watched: A cool presentation at the Bug Lady Science Academy. Declan chose to have his 4th birthday party there. The presenter was very knowledgeable and had all sorts of unique animals. I learned that there are many types of cockroaches and only 4 are considered pests. She had Madagascar hissing cockroaches out for touching. They are as creepy as you think.  Jack got pretty used to holding them by the end.

Read: I really wanted to say that I finished up , but it just didn't happen. I haven't made reading a priority and so I'm not getting through my books quite as quickly.  It's still nice to have that way to unwind at the end of the night.

Listened: To the majority of The Ocean at the End of the Lane . It is a book heavy on fantasy. The conclusion of the book will be a maker or breaker as to whether I enjoy the story or not.  I'll have my recommendation for you next week!

Made: I like trying new recipes, but you never know what you are going to get.  I tried THIS recipe for Poor Man's Prime Rib.  I followed one reviewers recommendation and let me oven preheat for 20 minutes before cooking.  My rub was just garlic salt and black pepper.  Yummy!  I'd recommend you try it on a cold winter's day.

Felt: Excited for Jack. He came up with the crazy idea to be a KU ninja for Halloween.  His Grandma Denise did an excellent job making it a reality for him. To make this even more wonderful, he got to walk on the field at half time of the Baylor v KU football game.  Since Charlie Weis took over as head coach, the field has been closed when we have attended fan events. So getting to walk the field, next to Big Jay, and wave to all the people in the stands was a real treat. He also was able to get some high fives from the players and was able to call out a big hello and get a head nod from his favorite player Tony Pierson.

Planned: My punny Halloween costume for Bunco group. I woke up that day realizing that I didn't have anything pulled together because we aren't doing a family theme this year. So I did a quick Google search and came up with a being a Fork in the Road. It was simple since we have yellow masking tape at the preschool.  I was pleased with how it turned out. 

Loved: That the crazy process of dealing with the refi of 2nd mortgage is over. We signed the 100 page document on Friday!  So happy that is over with!

Here are the pics for the week:

Jack holding a Madagascar hissing cockroach. 

Me and my Bunco gals that chose to dress up :)

The tailgate beside us had connections to the cheer team so Big Jay was brought over to them for some pics.  Luckily he was nice enough to come over and give Jack some love too. Got this great picture of the two of them. 


The halftime parade. He is small blue blob in front of Big Jay. Better pics coming soon. Don't want to spoil the Halloween surprise!


No comments: