Wednesday 23 October 2013

A Week in Review (October 13-19)


A Week in Review (October 13-19)

Watched: Jack help to college boys run a game in the HyVee Hawk Zone.   The game isn't designed very well for the adults working the game.  You are supposed to throw a bean pillow into a hole and instead of having it slope out for the worker, it just drops down. They then have to bend down and go in the game to get out the pillows. While it doesn't work very well for an adult, my kid thought it was a blast to help retrieve them.  He popped his head through the hole once and then he had to share his space.  I don't think he was a fan of that because he didn't really do it again, but I thought it would make a great Halloween prank.

Read: I'm continuing to read The Aviator's Wife. It is a good story, but I haven't gotten to the point where I am willing to give up a good night's sleep to read more.

Listened: It seems that all my holds are coming off at once and so I had to switch from A Curious Man: The Strange and Brilliant Life of Robert "Believe It or Not!" Ripley to The Ocean at the End of the Lane. I have never read a story by Gaiman, Neil and so I am interested to see if I am as in love with him as so many people are. I haven't really had enough alone time in the car to make much of a dent in it.

Made: A painted pumpkin for The Sunflower House, which is a safe haven for children or families coming from abusive situations. HyVee had a deal where if you purchased a pumpkin, took it home and painted it, and brought it back, they would refund your purchase price and donate it for you. Jack thought it was a great idea. We did have some mishaps with the paint (side note: Don't buy the strips of acrylic paint from the Dollar Tree) but he was pleased with his final product. When you see it, note the large nose is actually a candy corn nose. He was proud of that detail.

Felt: Proud of Jack.  We had school conferences this week and he is doing well. His academics are up to snuff and he has a positive and helpful attitude. Can't ask much more than that!

Planned: On staying busy while Jack was out of school for the week. We completed his entire homework packet. I'm so amazed at how quickly he is picking up his reading and writing. One assignment was to draw a face on a pumpkin and then write a sentence about it. I was so proud that I took a picture and sent it to Grandma. I also posted it below for you to see!

Loved: That Jack is almost 46" tall. I am sure that might seem an odd thing to love but when we went to Worlds of Fun on Sunday Jack was lose enough that a couple ride ambassors let him go alone on his favorite ride, The Finnish Fling, aka The Brain Sucker. I can not stand that ride and so it was a pretty exciting for me!

Here are the pics for the week:




Jack loves when I vacuum when he is around. This way we can take turns trying to attack each other with the suction. This getup just made me laugh!





No comments: