Monday 3 June 2013

Week in Review (May 26-June 1)

Week in Review (May 26-June 1)

Watched: A couple movies with my hubby. Since my MIL took Jack for a 3 day weekend, we were able to watch some adult movies. Sadly, we chose a PG one without realizing it. It was one of the only ones that didn't look like a cheesy horror movie from Redbox.  We watched The Watch and Here Comes the Boom. Neither were big winners, but each provided a few laughs. 

Read:  Not much. Odd, I know. I am starting a book called 
On the Island that looks to be pretty good. Hopefully I'll be finished next week.

Listened:  I started listening to 
When You Are Engulfed in Flames. I originally found this book at a garage sale and picked it up simply because of it's title and cover. It's a unique collection of essays.  Was nothing like I thought it would be.  Classic example of don't judge a book by it's cover.

Made: The start of a chore chart for Jack and I. I could spend almost every day just playing with my boy, but then one day it hits me how behind I've let things get. So I've put together a list of things that we can do to help the house run more smoothly. I also added a daily learning activity section. I am excited to see how it works for us. 

Felt: Sad to see my mom go home. We had a blast during her visit. We played a ton of Monopoly, took her to a lot of our favorite places, and enjoyed two-on-two basketball.  I am so glad she was able to take some time off work and play with us. 

Planned:  Not a lot. It's summer and I want to be able to enjoy it. I tried to think of laying out the nursery rhymes that I will  use for my class next year, but I kept finding other things to do instead. 

Loved: That my MIL was nice enough to meet Nick half way and take Jack for a long weekend. It helped me get stuff done around the house and get to spend some time with Nick. We mixed work and play, so things that needed his touch got done too.

Here are the pics for the week:

I can't believe that failed to mention this boo-boo in the above lines.  I decided taking the boat out would be fun and so when Nick was parking the truck and trailer, I drove the boat back to the dock. I knew I was going to bump and said so, but I didn't look at Jack. He had his mouth right next to the window and smacked his gum pretty hard. It was horrible.  He hated the salt water rinses I had him do.  Live and learn, right?



He can now reach the peddles at Chuck E Cheese!  He and Grandma went their on a date while I had my yearly doctor's appt. 


I'm not good at the self portrait, but I still think this a fun photo. 


A shot of the two on Jack's favorite (and our least favorite) ride. 



Last WOF one


Here is one that Denise sent me of the boys on Saturday. 


No comments: