Tuesday 18 June 2013

A Week In Review (June 9-15)

A Week In Review (June 9-15)

Watched: More movies that normal as it was the safe activity for the whole family together so that Jack wouldn't harass his dad into doing things a little bit more physical than he should have.  We watched Harry Potter and The Order of The Phoenix.  Jack thinks because he got through that he should already be able to watch The Half Blood Prince.  I don't remember it well, and will need to watch it before deciding if he is ready.  However, I think it's just a big set up for movies 7 and 8, and I know that I am not ready to take him there yet.  We also attempted to watch a Transformers movie, but no one was particularly thrilled with that one.  Nick and I also watched the 5th Die Hard movie and I thought it was pretty bad. but Nick liked it.  Plenty of explosions, I guess.

Read:  I finished up Seduction.  I am surprised that this is labeled as historical fiction. I would definitely be with the minority who group it as paranormal fantasy. The language and styling of the book made it hard for me to get into. It wasn't until a little over half way into the book that it grabbed me. The author did a good job of bringing all the story lines together. I wonder if some of the story would have been more engaging had your read the previous novels.  I also started Cinnamon and Gunpowder which is about a chef who gets kidnapped by a lady pirate and forced to make her fancy meals in a sub-par kitchen.  I didn't get very far because I was sucked in by that audio book I was listening and began reading more if it instead.

Listened:  A Grown-Up Kind of Pretty.  I am really enjoying this book.  It is so good that I have given up my other pursuits in reading and am just focusing on it.   I am sure I will have a review for you next week.

Made:A science project with Jack.  It was one of my chore chart choices and when he pulled it, he was pretty upset.  He thought it would be hard.  This was so hard for me because I am used to my students being thrilled when I told them we were doing a science experiment.  I had planned to do one of the many pinterest ideas I had pinned, but instead we came up a color mixing activity together.  We even made a chart so that we could chart our predictions an the results.  Jack has asked to do it again, so it must have been fun.

Felt: Proud of my hubby.  He was not thrilled about having to have the procedure done so I could get off hormonal birth control and still keep our family at three.  He did pretty well about following the doctor's orders and was actually able to take his motorcycle to work on Thursday which surprised us both.

Planned: On taking three little boys to the pool, but instead, we ended up with a thunderous downpour and a drastic cool down.  The kids enjoyed playing inside and we went out and messed around in the yard after the rain had stopped.  The older boys had a blast playing on the tire swings and running through the sprinkler.  The older friend actually turned the sprinkler into a helicopter.  It was fun having a house full of kids, but it is amazing how quickly they can trash the place.

Loved: Making Nick's Father's Day card with Jack.  His Aunt Debbie had sent us a link to a Martha Stewart card that was fill in the blank answers about dad.  He also got to draw a picture of his dad on the front.  His answers were right on the mark and will serve as a great marker for their relationship.  We are looking forward to showing him the other gifts that we made him as well.

Here are the pics for the week:

We went out to neat little trail just outside the Lake of Hillsdale. 

Jack chose these Black Licorice Dots for our movie night. Nasty!  But he enjoyed them. 

Our color mixing science experiment. 

We went to the pool a lot. Thanks to my Lifeproof case, I can even snap some photos. 


No comments: