Tuesday 25 June 2013

A Week in Review (June 16-22)

A Week in Review (June 16-22)

Watched: The Way, Way Back with my friend Laurie.  Thanks to my friend Katrina, we have been seeing a ton more movies in the theater.  It is fun to see movies early and for free.  This movie would get a 5/5 from me.  It made me laugh and tear-up.  It was so odd to see Steve Carrell and Sam Rockwell change character types.  Definitely worth your time to watch it!

Read:  I finished up A Grown-Up Kind of Pretty.  This was a fun book with a great story about what it means to be a family. It shows that sometimes the secrets that we keep locked away really aren't worth hiding. I know that this book really captured me because I stopped everything else I was reading and focused on it.  I also made a bit of progress on Cinnamon and Gunpowder.  I started the book Zero at the Bone: The Playboy, the Prostitute, and the Murder of Bobby Greenlease, which is a true crime book based on a kidnapping that happened in the Kansas City area in 1953.

Listened
: To the sounds of the cousins laughing together as they all splashed about in Grandma Denise's pool.  It was so funny to watch them together. The realized that you could put PVC tubes up against the jets and make water cannons.  These four should be quite the group as they get older!

Made:  A Pinterest Project that turned out fabulous.  I found a pin that suggested putting a scoop of Oxiclean in warm water to take off the labels from glass jars.  I did it and it worked wonderful!  It even had the nice benefit of leaving the sink nice and clean too!  I will attach a photo of the pickle jar that I cleaned, so you could see how smooth it was.

Felt: Excited to see Jack taking on so many new skills.  He started swimming lessons this week and is doing a really good job.  He has also decided that he is going to learn to ride his bike without any training wheels.  He is also gaining new sight words and will have almost all of the 50 words that they want him to know in Kindergarten.  It is fun to see him acquire all these new skills!

Planned: To visit my Alliance family as soon as Jack finished up his swimming lessons.  I am not sure that we will have another chance to see my brother before he leaves for his year in Australia.  Hopefully he is decent about skyping us.  It will be weird to have him so far away, but I am sure he will enjoy it!

Loved: Celebrating Father's Day with the amazing man that I share my life with.  He is an excellent dad and I couldn't ask for a better partner to raise my son with.  We didn't go over the top with any great presents.  We gave him a KU tie that he can wear to Dads and Donuts, some balsa wood planes, a frame that said "World's Best Farter...oops Father". and a mix a six pack of beer.  We also treated him to Buffalo Wild Wings.  It was a nice relaxing day.

Here are the pics for the week:



We visited our friend who was in a hospital downtown for appendicitis and we took a trip to Crown Center and enjoyed the Lego sculptures and free Curious George exhibit. 




My crystal clear pickle jar


And a pic that sums up our summer--late nights and fun with friends!


No comments: