Monday 6 May 2013

A Week in Review (April 28-May 4)


A Week in Review (April 28-May 4)

Watched:  A neighborhood baseball game form.  Nick and Jack were out playing some baseball when one of the neighborhood boys came over to join in.  That brought a couple more, who brought a couple more.  Jack was by far the youngest, but he enjoyed himself.  I wish we had more boys his age, but he does well with the older ones.

Read:  Not much.  I seemed to do many other things and then, by the time I got into bed, I was ready for sleep.  I have promised my friend Beth that she can read my copy of The Host (The Host, #1) after I am done, but I just can't make myself read it quicker.  I know that the weeks until the end of the school year will be loaded with stuff to do, but my goal is to get it finished by the end of May.  I had originally thought I would finish it at the end of March.  Oops!

Listened:  I started Water for Elephants on audiobook.  I am really enjoying listening to it. It has drawn me in with its beautiful language and description of the circus.  I think that Jack and I will be attending a circus next week, so I think it's great that I am reading it now. It was chosen for my TBR pal on my book club.

Made: Amish bread.  I had heard of it before, but had never tried it or made it.  I was offered a starter bag from one of my Bunco friends and I saw it through.  It turned out pretty yummy.  It was a bit more work than I needed to do that Thursday, but I stuck to it.  If you are interested in trying it, comment and let me know.  I am sure one of the people I gave my starter to would share with you!

Felt:  Disbelief.  It went from 80 and sunny one day to snowing and 35 on the next day.  It was hard for everyone to handle!  I modified my lesson plan because I knew that my kiddos were going to have a hard time and I was right.  The modification went very well though.  They are forecasting 70's with a few thunderstorms next week.  I sure hope they are right!

Planned: To attend my brother's graduation, but due to the weather, he did not have a proper one.  Isn't that ridiculous?  The weather has been horrible all week and was foretasted to be the same on Saturday. Because the university is converting their former basketball arena into a volleyball one that wasn't available and the new basketball arena isn't quite finished either, they were slated to have an outdoor ceremony at Memorial Stadium.  They changed the plan 3 times in a week as to what their back-up was.  When I packed on Friday, it was going to be outside, so I packed my heavy coat, winter books, and some trash bags to sit on so my booty wouldn't get all wet.  As I was getting up to at 7am to be ready to leave, my brother texted me and said it was cancelled.  We could now just all go up and collect his diploma from a table.  They only had two backdrops for pictures and line to get to the dean was forever.  It was an odd experience, but it did leave us with more time for celebrating.

Loved:  Spending time with my family this weekend in Nebraska.  Why the weather did not cooperate, we all had a ton of fun being together.  Jack learned to play Marco Polo and loved it.  We also got to play some charades and some Catch Phrase.  We played some Neighbor too and Jack was thrilled because he won both games.  We also got to goof off with my brother's friends, which helps a soul stay young and Jack has a good time with their goofiness.

Here are the pics for the week:
























No comments: