Monday 4 February 2013

A Week in Review (Jan 27-Feb 2)


A Week in Review (Jan 27-Feb 2)

Watched: Another movie with my hubby!  We had Jack in bed early (well at least earlier than normal lately!) and were flipping through the channels when we saw that Hall Pass had just started.  I mentioned that I thought it sounded funny and Nick had never heard of it.  He is game for most movies though and so we watched it. We both laughed several times throughout the movie.  It was definitely a raunchy kind of comedy, but we both thoroughly enjoyed it.

Read: I finished up the The Dressmaker by Kate Alcott.  I only listened to this on the audio book and thought it was decent.  I used it to help me to motiviate myself to stay in my home office/guest room/shit catching room and clean it up while finishing up the last 2 discs out of the car!  I also blew through Club Dead (Sookie Stackhouse, #3).  While I recognize that these books are pure trash as literature, I am starting to enjoy the story.  Glad I stuck with the series.  :)  I also began P.S. I Love You.  I am doing a To Be Read pal with book club and this book that she chose from my list.  I haven't gotten far, but it seems like it will be a good read.  I must also tell you about .  Jack loves David Shannon as an author and so we selected several titles from the library that we hadn't read before.  This book has become a sure fire hit.  If your kids enjoy fishing than I am sure this one would delight them too.

Listened:  I began another audio book, but am having a hard time getting into it.  I feel like I will need to be reading the paper copy of  to help me get into the book.  Luckily, I am only 2 or 3 in line at the library so hopefully I can get them caught up.

Made: An appointment to get Jack's pictures taken.  Knowing that I was going to Wichita and could save on postage was a big factor.  Now I just need to get them all cut apart and sorted :)  He took some great pictures (but not that surprises me!)

Felt: Proud of all the stuff I accomplished during my "day off".  I asked my mom to give me a check for Ms. Beth to watch Jack one day while I didn't have to work.  I used it to clean up the office, make his sports calendar whose voucher I'd bought before Christmas was set to expire, caught up on the few Days of Our Lives I had on my DVR, balanced the checkbook, etc.  It felt nice, but not as leisurely as I had planned when I asked for it.

Planned:  My workout days with Nick.  I have been making good strides on the machines at Curves and don't want to get behind on them because of my schedule.  Therefore, I made him commit to help push me out the door even though he is home and I know the evenings will be harder for me.

Loved: Celebrating my nephew's 5th birthday.  It was great to see him having so much fun out skating and it was great for me to see Jack really give it the old college try (although he still really stinks, it was a much better experience than when we tried a year before!).

Below Quentin reads Jangles to his brothers' and Jack.

No comments: