Sunday 27 January 2013

A Week in Review (Jan 20-26)


A Week in Review (Jan 20-26)

Watched: Looper.  It's very rare that Nick and I take the time to sit down and watch a movie together.  We are usually watching sports, playing with the boy, or each doing our own thing.  It was nice just to take the time and be together.  The movie would get a B- from me.  It wasn't a half bad premise, but it felt like it was something and seemed pretty predictable to me.  However, the acting was okay and so I'd say if you are in the mood for a sci-fi action than this one is for you.

Read:  Finished Schuyler's Monster: A Father's Journey with His Wordless Daughter.  It really moved me.  It is a very honest look at life of a parent of a child with a disability.  If you know of anyone going through this struggle, I would highly recommend it to them.  I would recommend it to all teachers and child care providers too.  I also started and finished Breakfast at Tiffany's: A Short Novel and Three Stories.  I can only imagine the horror that Capote must have felt after seeing his short novel turned into a romantic comedy.  If I were a fan of the book, I would have been super upset to see the adaption.  It just went to show me that Hollywood has been messing up on book adaption for at least 60 years!  I began Club Dead (Sookie Stackhouse, #3), but haven't gotten very far as I seem to just collapse when I go to bed.

Listened: To not stop talk about Harry Potter.  Jack is currently fascinated and we spend a lot of time reading the books, watching the movies, and playing the game.  When we aren't doing one of those, we each had to be a character from the series.

Made: The template for Jack's Harry Potter themed valentine's.  We are going to turn a valentine pencil in a broom and rubberband a little rubber heart dude as the rider.  Than we are attaching a snitch made from a bouncy ball, some gold foil. and a paper background.  Let's hope I don't go insane before we get them all made and I can get Jack to give me a bit of help.

Felt:  Relief knowing that I made it through my 6 month check up without needing any dental work done.  This makes almost a year since I have had any cavities or needs for new crowns.  I know it might not sound like a lot, but that's been a very rare case for me and I am so glad :)

Planned: On getting Jack's picture taken, but it still didn't happen.  They are closed on Monday's, so I will keep my fingers crossed that we get them done on Tuesday.  The rest of the week is looking pretty full.

Loved:  Playing Bunco with my gals.  We added several new women for this Spring session and I am excited that they will be become permanent additions.  It is so good to get out and have fun and not have to worry about anything beside which yummy thing to try next!

The picture of me is at Bunco with my earmuffs that Jack made for me before I left. He wanted to make sure I was protected against mandrakes.





No comments: