Sunday 24 February 2013

A Week in Review (Feb 17-23)


A Week in Review (Feb 17-23)

Watched: Mostly just Jayhawk basketball. With my new schedule, there hasn't been a lot of TV watching time. My DVR is filling up. I have got two shows of Smash to watch. Maybe once it's fishing season again?

Read: Didn't finish up anything this week. I did begin Brain on Fire: My Month of Madness. It has been an intriguing book. I'm looking forward to seeing how it ends.

Listened: I started listening to the audio book of Foundation (Foundation, #1). This is one of Nick's favorite books and he is always recommending that I read it. I am having a bit of problem listening to parts over twice because my phone keeps losing the place where I am and it comes as one of Nicks 8.5 he long tracks. I made some decent progress though and am about half way through. I do like it better than, which is the only other Asimov book that I have read.

Made: Snow Slushies with Jack. This is the only thing he really looked forward to about the snow. It has been easy to find plenty of snow with the 13" we got with this snow storm.

Felt: Glad that it warmed up enough that we were able to get out and play in the snow. It's pretty funny to watch Jack trudge through the snow which had drifted even deeper than the 13" in parts of the backyard. The snow was so deep that I was able to pick him up and throw him in it and never have him hit the ground. He wanted a snow fort, but it just wasn't sticking together so I took two of our lawn chairs and put them together for him. Not exactly what he was looking for, but it was good enough to make him happy.

Planned: A super fun lesson about Dr. Seuss for my new class and was bummed that I didn't get to use the majority of it with the aforementioned snow days. I am sure the parents were as chagrined as I was.

Loved: That I convinced Nick to stay home and take a snow day with us on Thursday. We played the hat game for 12 hours (only taking a break to fix quick meals). We watched the snow just dump buckets on us for hours. We also watched someone get stuck in front of our house. It ended up being quite a pain because it meant we didn't get the plow down our road at all. But we were able to stay in and enjoy a nice warm fire together!

Below are some of the pictures for the week. Please note that Jack still doesn't wear glasses, but loves to have them on so he looks more like Harry Potter. If you look to the chair on the left, you can see his little body peaking out from them.











No comments: