Thursday 12 July 2012

I was born in a small town

And I used to live in a small town and now I visit a small town.

Each time I return to Alliance, I always revel at how different it is from where I now call home.

A trip to the grocery store is almost guaranteed to be a social experience.

When one grocery store doesn't have what you are looking for, you only have one other option. Really, the stores there don't all carry broccoli florets!

The wait list for the books at the library are virtually non-existent. I was able to get two books that I have been waiting since May 31st to read and am not even in the top ten on the cue. Heck, they only have 3 people in line for 50 shades and all the audiobooks were available!

The drive from the town to the country generally takes less time than it takes me to get to Chick-fil-a from my house.

Errands are done in a 1/4 of the time. I kept showing up early to things because I incorrectly estimated how long each stop would take.

The paper comes daily in the perfect size for nightly reading including the comics and Sudoku puzzle. This also serves as the way to keep up on the local gossip with marriage and divorce announcements, court and police reports, and articles submitted to brag on their children.

While I can never imagine moving back and giving up the conveniences that city life has to offered, I've come to see the appeal that it holds for people.

Below is that small town as it greets me after almost 600 miles of driving!

No comments: