Monday 23 July 2012

Fish Cleaning

Jack loves to go fishing and he loves to eat fish. This year he has clearly connected the fish that we eat with the fish they catch. This curiosity has lead to him wanting to see the fish get cleaned. Tonight we sent Nick out fishing while we stayed in and watched The Incredibles. After the movie was over, we took a long bath and it ended up he was up late enough for Nick to get home with a fish to clean. When I told him, he acted like I told him his birthday had come early. I was leery of allowing him to see this. But as I've mentioned before, we believe in being direct with him. I watched with anticipation as Nick started the whole process. I took some pictures from inside not wanting to disturb their moment. He was not phased in the slightest. In fact, he came in and announced that he needed to see that every time. I was glad that I was wrong about him freaking out at the process. Tomorrow night we dine on it!

No comments: