Monday 2 March 2009

The Family Is Growing

Gotta ya! It's not us, although I must admit I was surprised how many people thought it might be when I talked to them on the phone. We got the news yesterdat that Jack is going to have another cousin at the end of October. Roy and Rachel announced, via video blog, that Baby Number 3 is on it's way. I don't think they will find out what they are having again, but I am hoping for a girl for the family. We've got lots of boys, so a change of pace would be nice.

Jack is walking pretty well now. He will take a good six or seven steps pretty much consistently before deciding that he would prefer to crawl. Sometimes he will even end his journey by walking.

He has also found the power button on my laptop. I was in the middle of writing this blog last night when he powered it down. I figured that it was a sign that it was time for a bath.

He still doesn't like having his hair washed. It's a huge ordeal with him. It's harder for me if Nick is trying to help b/c he tries to go slow to minimize the screaming, while I just try to blast through it so I can distract him afterwards.

He finally weighed 20lbs on the scale. I am sure that we will probably flip him around before our next road trip. We are planning on a road trip to Nebraska in the middle of March and I am sure that I will keep rear facing then if he will let me. It is nice to be able ride so that we can easily look at each other. I guess we'll just have to see how used he gets to riding forwards.

Not much new with Nick or I. We are both looking forward to the nice weather the weather man said is coming! I think Nick's going to go fishing if it gets nice enough one evening. Silly kid...

No comments: