Saturday 14 February 2009

Valentine's Day

It has been a wonderful day. Nick got the boy dressed and we headed out around 9:30am. We were on a search for a new camera, since I dropped the last one down a flight of concrete stairs trying to get the perfect shot of the boy. I did find one that I liked and it takes great video. We got some good ones of the boy taking a few steps. His dad and "Aunt" Laurie say that is walking. Apparently they both think that I am being to hard on him. Speaking of his Aunt Laurie, both she and Patrick were kind enough to watch Jack while Nick and I went and watched The Reader at the Cinema Suites. The wonderful thing about all of this, is that it was all set up as a surprise by Nick.

I thought as an ode of Valentine's Day, I would try to list 14 things I love about being a mom.

1. I love slobbery open mouth kisses.

2. I love the biggest bear hugs that I get when I walk into the room.

3. I love that the way that he gets all excited over the little things, like bananas and dishwasher detergent.

4. I love sharing my favorite books with him.

5. I love teaching him new things.

6. I love that I can make him giggle with slapstick comedy. Tripping myself is par for the course. I am glad it makes my kid laugh.

7. I love that I have a better excuse as why my house is a mess.

8. I love that he loves to hear me sing. The Rock Chalk chant is still his favorite.

9. I love his smile.

10. I love that he is such a mix of Nick and I. He can climb like a champ and throw a fit like a hurricane.

11. I love to watch him sleep.

12. I love watching Nick be a dad.

13. I love watching him make other people smile.

14. I love my son.

No comments: