Thursday 19 February 2009

A Blog Worthy Day

Today was one of those really enjoyable days. He slept until 6:20 (which is sadly becoming sleeping in) and then we had a nice nurse and snuggle until almost 7:30.

For breakfast he ate, about 30 grapes, 5 silver dollar pancakes, and half a container of applesauce. We got dressed and headed out for our Thursday playgroup. It is becoming something we both look forward too. The is a core group of regular attendees who it is nice to visit with.

After play group we headed over to school to pick up the gerbils and my paycheck. He went in with the MDO group for a while and I was so amazed at the difference just a year makes. It made me so excited about all that is too come!

He took a catnap on our ride home and when I woke him up he was hungry again. Unbelievably, he ate almost 6 ozs of butternut squash, and some chex cereal, and more applesauce. I was thinking he was most likely done eating for the day. We then went to living room and had a great time playing. He chose to walk from the end of our couch clear into the kitchen. I just don't think he realized what he was doing as he was jabbering away pretend that the remote was a phone. I tried to get him to repeat it, but he wouldn't. He's a bit stubborn like that.

We then went out to HyVee. It is so funny to see him ride in the ridiculous sized car themed shopping carts. There is no way that I could do my whole weeks worth of shopping, but it is nice treat for him. I love taking him to the banana isle. It gives everyone there a laugh. I recorded his reaction to bananas on video tonight so look for it soon. After our trip home, we ate dinner again. This time he had a cheese stick, a banana, some sweet potato, some baby carrots, and some tuna fish! If he eats nothing tomorrow, I will not be surprised.

We then play around some more and when it was ready for bed, he had me read books to him for 40 minutes. He would have kept going, but I called it quits since he only had two catnaps all day. When I laid him down, he just snuggled under his blanket and look up at me peacefully. It was the perfect ending to a great day!

No comments: