Monday 11 June 2018

A Week in Review (May 6-12)

A Week in Review (May 6-12)

A change is coming. Things are just getting a little overwhelming here and I don’t think I’m going to be able to honor my old blog system.  I will now post whatever pictures from the week along with their story in whatever category it falls in. I will also continue to post my reading progress here. Hopefully it won’t be too much of a disappointment.

Watched: Jack change his mind about running the mile over the 800m. The girl from his wrestling club who came the first race, ended up coming and was running the mile. I think he wanted to be in the same race as her, so he decided to run it to. He had a good time at a little under 8 minutes. He was pretty exhausted by the end of it as it was warm and he wasn’t quite prepared for it.  This is the first spring season of Landsharks that all three races were able to go on as scheduled and we didn’t have to run on Mother’s Day.

Read:  I continued to work The Oracle Year.  I also started and finished Ruby Holler.  This another Battle Book that Jack asked me to pick up so that we could discuss it. I thought it was a good story, but I was a bit surprised with the ending. I was hoping for more of a conclusion than I got. I will be glad to talk about it with Jack once he finishes it with his class.

Listened: To Jack perform his trick in which he tried to take a bit of John Oliver (from Last Week Tonight) on.  I am excited to see what trick he comes up with for his 5th grade year. You can watch his performance HERE.

Made: It to 200,000 miles with my car. We’ve owned the car for 12 years now and I’m proud of our ability to maintain and it and keep it going.

Planned: The display case for the visual art that we did to go along with Talent Show this year. There were a lot of fun submissions and I liked that we were able to showcase a different group of kids too!

Loved: Watching Jack finally get to take his spot in the D end.  He has been telling the coach that corner isn’t a good spot for him and they finally listened. He is really able to use his speed to get between the bigger guys and make some hits. For his make up game, he had a pair of surprise visitors with the Millers and Katie and Jonathan coming to watch him.

Here are the pics for the week:
















No comments: