Tuesday 12 June 2018

A Week in Review (May 27- June 2)

A Week in Review (May 27- June 2)

Watched: Jack do the floss a lot. He’s getting better at it and it’s kind of becoming a victory dance of sorts. He wasn’t ever able to use it at knockout because he always lost the games, but I think he still enjoyed playing them anyway.

Read: I finally finished up The Handmaid's Tale.  After I finished up I was trying to figure out what just happened. Did I really commit 11 days to a book to have no idea what really happened? I don’t mind having to guess a little, but it seemed like the book dropped off at the climax. I thought it was crazy how many of the points still rang true, so many years after writing it. Maybe it’s a sign that level headedness will continue to prevail even if it seems like the extremists get too much talking time.  I then took on a book of short stories entitled What We Talk About When Talk About Love.  I’m not sure how this was up for a Pulitzer Prize. I’m not sure how it rates so high on Goodreads. I’m not sure how it ever got on a list of recommendations that I trusted. I made it through the whole book and basically just wondered what the hell I had wasted my time on. Not a book I would recommend to anyone.  Next, I started Other People's Houses.  I read another book by this author and I really liked it.  I am hoping this one doesn't disappoint after my last two books. 

Listened: To a lot of classic Mario sounds. Jack is intent that he will conquer it this summer. He said he wishes he grew up in a time when video games were simple. It made us watch Pixels because it feautured a lot of those early games.  We downloaded the original Donkey Kong too.

Made: A plan for trophy for the baseball season. I didn’t want another boring trophy, so I ended up going with a baseball holder that each kid will sign and then will go inside the holder. I think it will be a lot of fun.  Now it’s just getting parents to respond which is always the trickiest part. 

Felt: Sad leaving Nora for a couple of weeks. I am thankful that my Alliance family could pitch in to watch her.  With us not coming back to Colorado Springs, they offered to take keep her.  I also got lucky in that Comicon was in Denver the weekend of the 15th and so they offered to drive her home to me too.

Planned: On not liking the game that I bought many moons ago for a gag gift for my brother. We had went in to get him an Xbox and didn’t want him to open it early so we gave him a lot of other things from the thrift store. The game Ringzz was one of them. It’s been sitting on a shelf in my mom’s basement for over a decade.  We all ended up liking it and sent it home with him because it’s one of those rare two player games that doesn’t need modified to be able to play.

Here are the pics for the week:
















No comments: